When: Thursday, Nov. 24, 2016 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Where: State Street from Congress to Randolph Drive.
Bundle up and watch big balloons, bands, and floats roll down State Street. This years Grand Marshall is Matt Walsh from HBO’s “Veep”.
Watch on TV
Or stay home and tune into the 2016 McDonald’s® Thanksgiving Parade on Chicago’s Very Own WGN Channel 9 or live streaming on wgntv.com.
Be a VIP
If you want to avoid the crowds you can purchase a VIP ticket for $60. The VIP Experience is located on State Street, between Washington and Randolph. Entrances are on the NE Corner of State & Washington and on the SE Corner of State & Randolph.
State Street store hours:
- Macy’s 5 p.m.- 2 a.m. Friday, Nov 25
- Old Navy 10 a.m.
- Target 6 p.m. to Friday, Nov 25 at 11 p.m.
- McCormick & Schmick’s, 1 E. Wacker, (312) 923-7226. 11AM-9PM.
- Palmer House: 17 E. Monroe, 312-726-7500. Lockwood Restaurant 6:30AM-10PM.
- Park Grill: 11 N Michigan Ave, 312-521-7275. 11AM-9:30AM
- Pizano’s: 61 East Madison Street, 312-236-1777, 11AM-10PM
- Rudy’s: 61 East Madison Street, 312-332-8111 11AM-10PM
- Virgin Hotel: 203 N. Wabash, (312) 940-4777. 7AM-10PM
- Dine out and take out on Thanksgiving
Originally called the Christmas Caravan in the 1930s, the Parade was created in 1934 to help lift the spirits of residents suffering though the Great Depression. Since then, it has developed into a full-scale spectacle celebrating the holiday season. What once started out as an attempt to boost Chicago’s economy has evolved into a cherished tradition for Chicagoans and Americans alike. The Parade includes performers and special guests representing every part of the country as well as representing many cultures from around the world. Over 20 different cultures were represented in the 2015 parade.