Free events Northerly Island. Northerly Island offers free adult and family friendly events year round. Hop on the 146, Divvy or drive over to check it out.
Where: Northerly Island Field House 1521 S. Linn White Dr. (312) 745-2910.
Parking is available in the Northerly Island Parking lot at the north end of the Nature Center Building (the old Meigs Field Airport Terminal) and costs $0.75 per hour before 9:00 AM and $1.75 per hour after 9:00 AM.
Family Prairie Prowl at Northerly Island
Saturday, April 8, 2017 from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Age Range: 3 and up
Family Prairie Prowl is a guided outdoor exploration experience that highlights the season at Northerly Island. Today: Birds are returning to Northerly Island as spring begins! Borrow our binoculars and explore the peninsula to see which birds you can find!
- Free things to do on Northerly Island
- New and Improved Northerly Island
- Free Family Fishing Classes on Northerly Island
- Take a free art tour of Grant Park
- Exploring Chicago’s Lakefront Trail North
- Exploring Chicago’s Lakefront Trail South
- Guide to Chicago’s Beaches and Harbors