Where: Chicago Cultural Center, 78 E. Washington St., Dance Studio, 1st Floor North
When: Sat., February 18, 2017; 12-3pm. RSVP: email@example.com
In this workshop, artist/activists Kia Labeija, NIC Kay and Benji Hart will break down the street style vogue, not just as a dance form, but a tool for resistance. By examining vogue’s history in Black, Brown, poor, queer and trans communities, and teaching the basics of the vogue styles New Way and Vogue Femme, participants will get a glimpse into the ways vogue empowers feminine, outcast and devalued elements by turning them into revolutionary movement. Facilitators ask that youth, Black, Brown, trans and femme identities be prioritized by those who participate.
Public Group Tours:
- Tours are presented Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 1:15 pm.
- Tours meet in the Randolph Street lobby.
- The group will be limited to the first twenty people.
- To schedule tours for groups of ten or more at other times, contact Anna Marie Gazzi at 312.744.7917.
Private Group Tours:
- Trained docents will conduct free, prearranged private tours for adult groups on Mondays though Fridays, 9 am-3 pm.
- Private tours are not available during weekends.
- Private tours are designed for adults and teenagers 13 years and over.
- Group sizes are limited, call for details.
- Reservations must be made at least one week in advance of the scheduled date by calling 312.744.7917.
- Private tours begin at the Chicago Cultural Center Information Desk in the Randolph Street lobby.
All self-guided group tours must check in with security upon entry.