The Lake FX Summit + Expo, is the region’s largest free conference for artists, creative professionals and entrepreneurs.
When: Friday-Saturday, April 21–22, 2017, 10AM-8PM Friday, 10AM-6PM Sat.
Where: Chicago Cultural Center, 78 E. Washington St
All events are free and open to the public. In prior years you had to register for events. This year everything is open “No Registration Needed.”
Lake FX presented by Google is the Midwest’s largest FREE gathering of artists and creative professionals.
- 50+ interactive workshops & discussions with national arts leaders
- April 21 Keynote with Kevin Liles, co-founder and CEO of 300 Entertainment, in conversation with Kevin Coval
- April 22 Keynote with Alex Ross, comic book writer & artist, in conversation with Robert Milazzo
- Brand development presentation by Google
- Access to one-on-one marketing, legal, financial & career development advice. Come prepared!
- Live performances by some of Chicagoland’s very talented emerging musicians
- Networking opportunities with fellow arts professionals
All events are FREE and open to anyone working in (or aspiring to work in) creative fields including music, theater, dance, art & design.
Schedule: Full schedule of programs including over 50 interactive workshop and panel discussions with national arts leaders.
ACCESS Lab: New to Lake FX for 2017, the ACCESS Lab is an energized resource fair connecting participants with industry leaders and organizations through fun and informative one-on-one talks and small group activities.
Kevin Liles, Keynote Speaker: On Friday, April 21, co-founder and CEO of 300 Entertainment will discuss how emerging artists can build their careers while keeping their artistic vision.
The State Of The Art with Alex Ross and Robert Milazzo: On Saturday, April 22, legendary comic book creator and artists will explore current modalities and future visions for film, television, comic books and performance.
A&R Auditions & Live Performances: Everyone is invited to watch and cheer as Chicagoland-based artists get their shot to perform live in front of A&R (Artist & Repertoire) executives from major labels.
Navigators:Thank you to these arts organizations and associations for their generous help creating and organizing the panels, conversations and workshops.