When: Monday – Fridays, from now through August 28, 2015 , 10am to 3pm – fishing sessions average 30 to 45 minutes.
Where: Chicago’s lagoons, lakefront, harbors and the Chicago River.
If you have a group of 10 or more:
This program provides a fishing experience for groups of 10 or more kids 8-12 (minimum height to participate is 48”), teens, adults, seniors and all special needs individuals. Parents are required to stay for the duration of the class. You are not permitted to drop off children and leave. The sessions last 30-35 minutes and all fishing gear, bait and instruction is provided. No need for a fishing license the CPD has a waiver.
This program is designed for groups of ten and more and reservations are required. There is no set schedule for these events. You can call, and they will work out a day, place, time and number of participants coming and they will meet your group and help you fish with their equipment.
Contact Carl Vizzone 312-859-2395 to book your group.
If you do not have a group of 10 or more:
If you don’t have a group, but just a few family members they can sometimes add you to an existing group, or fish with you in between groups.
- You must call so that they can work out a place and time for you to meet up with their group.
- When you contact them you should pick a couple of dates and they can tell you where they are scheduled to be and whether they can accommodate you at their existing event.
- They cannot give you a list of dates.
- You must pick a couple dates and see if they can accommodate you.
- Parents are required to stay for the duration of the class.
- You are not permitted to drop off children and leave.
- June and August are the best times for smaller groups or families to participate.
- Participation in July is extremely limited as most dates are booked in advance by summer camp groups.
Contact Carl Vizzone 312-859-2395 to book space – which is limited. This program serves between 10,000 and 12,000 participants each summer.