- Latinicity has changed their Sunday Brunch (11AM-3PM) deal. It is now $39.99 for unlimited food and mimosa and sangria, $19.99 for all you can eat brunch only, $8.50 kids 4-11. You are limited to two hours of noshing. Prices do not include taxes and tip. $5 parking all day at Block 37 on Sunday. Menus. The old deal was two bloody Mary’s or mimosas and unlimited food $25. Oh well it was too good to last.
- They offer Happy Hour Mon-Fri 4PM-7PM. This includes $5 margaritas (retail price $9) and discount beer.
- Taco Tuesdays: $2 pastor and chicken tinga tacos at Cerveceria 4PM-7PM. This has been around for a while.
Where: Block 37, 108 N. State Street, Level 3, (312) 795-4444.
Latinicity is the great new food hall located in Block 37 featuring the food and flavors of Latin America, Spain and Portugal. Latinicity is set up where each person who enters is given a card which is swiped each time you collect food from a different kitchen. You pay when you exit. Seating isn’t reserved so you get to sit where you want. If it’s busy you may want to claim a table or seats at the bar before you head off and collect your food.
What’s great is that many of the serving sizes are small (and priced accordingly) so you’re able to try many different things. They’re also ideal for sharing. There are also menu items that constitute a whole meal. You can grab a tray and compose a meal from many different stations. You can also collect food to-go from each station. If you go as a group you don’t have to deal with splitting up one check.
The margarita tradicional ($10) and the Sangria ($9) are excellent. They’re made from scratch and a great value.
All food items we’ve tried so far were delicious and also a great value.
In addition to excellent food and cocktails the seating area is open with large windows and high ceilings. The music is energetic but not loud so you can easily talk. The prices are very reasonable and the food and beverages are fantastic. Overall this place is amazing!
If you sit at the bar you can close out your tab and tip out the bartender (for the drink portion of your meal). The bartender will keep your card and give you a $0 receipt. You are allowed to skip the check out line by just showing the receipt to the cashier as they are ringing up others. In order to skip the line you can close out your bill with the bartender even if you haven’t ordered beverages.
You are allowed to purchase a bottle of wine in the market and consume it in the food hall without a corkage fee.
There are 10 kitchens, tapas restaurant, full service bar, coffee cafe and lounge (menus):
- Tortas/Cocas: sandwiches and flatbreads $8-$9
- Sopas: Soups $6
- Sushi/Ceviche $9-$10
- Chaufa Wok: stir fry with rice, noodles and proteins $10-$14
- Saladero Latin Grill: grilled and roasted meats, empanadas, sides $3-$12
- Ensalada: salad $8-$12
- Mariscos: fried, steams and raw seafood $8-$15
- Machefe Taqueria: tacos, burritos, bowls, sides, guacamole and chips $3-$8
- Burguesa: burgers, dogs and fries $3-$9
- Coffee Cafe: coffee and desserts
- Pata Negra: sit down tapas restaurant separate from Food Hall $8-$32 plus tasting menus $45-$65.
- Full service bar: Beer $6-$7, Wine $9-$14, Margarita’s $10-$13, Sangria $8-$9, Pisco sours $12, and more.
- Loncheria: Located on lower level takeaway breakfast, salads, wraps, whole roasted chicken, sides $3-$12