Many years ago on the weekend the CTA Midway line opened (1993) we rode the train (for a quarter) out to the airport to check it out. We were aghast to find – nothing really. We ended up in a sad little bar that had a black and white TV with rabbit ears drinking flat Bud-on-tap. How things have changed at Midway!
While there are some free things to do at Midway, like at O’Hare vendors are allowed to set their prices at whatever they like so the cheap eat options are limited. There are some excellent dining options located in either the Boulevard dining and shopping area or in the Concourses. Here are the best dining option:
- Harry Caray’s Seventh Inning Stretch, Boulevard. An outlet of the downtown tourist meccas has decent food.
- Lalo’s Mexican Restaurant, Boulevard. An outlet of a decent family run chain.
- Manny’s Deli, Main Terminal, Concourse A, Gate A5. Outlet of the best deli in Chicago.
- Manny’s Express, Main Terminal, Concourse B, Gate B14. Outlet of the best deli in Chicago.
- Miller’s Pub, Concourse B, Gate B11. An outlet of a longstanding downtown Chicago pub.
- Tuscany Cafe, Main Terminal, Concourse A, Gate A7. An outlet of a local chain of decent Italian restaurants.
Things to do: