Kick off the Winter Bike Challenge Chicago at a FREE event at Daley Plaza
When: Friday, January 13, 2016, 6:30-8:00 a.m.
Where: Daley Plaza, 50 W Washington St.
Stop by for free Dark Matter Coffee, Eli’s cheesecake, give-a-ways from sponsors and a chance to mingle with other Winter Bike Challenge participants.
Winter Bike Challenge
If you’re a winter biker or plan to try it consider registering for the Winter Bike Week Challenge January 13-27., 2017.
- Free registration for the Winter Bike Week Challenge includes an App that will track your progress. The rider who logs the most miles will be named the King/Queen of the 2016 Winter Bike Challenge and receive social media recognition.
- All registrants can also be fundraisers. All fundraisers have the chance to win winter biking prizes, like windproof gloves or a fat tire bike.
If riding all week isn’t your thing just brave the cold on Winter Bike to Work Day and ride over to this free event. Stop by for free Dark Matter Coffee, Eli’s cheesecake, give-a-ways from sponsors and a chance to mingle with other Winter Bike Challenge participants.
About The Active Transportation Alliance
The Active Transportation Alliance is a non-profit advocacy organization that works to improve conditions for bicycling, walking and transit and engage people in healthy and active ways to get around.
With support from our thousands of members, hundreds of volunteers and a wide spectrum of community partners, our dedicated team has been working for several decades to create more opportunities for people to travel safely, actively and enjoyably.
The logo honors the past and points to the future: it is shaped like a bicycle frame head badge, and its three elements represent community, pathways and green space.
Membership benefits include:
Join the fight for better biking, walking and transit by becoming a member today.
Your membership funds important programs and initiatives that:
- Build more trails, bike lanes, sidewalks and transit options
- Win legislation that supports safe, orderly streets that are friendly for biking and walking
- Encourage more people to bike, walk and use public transportation
- Educate thousands of people of all ages annually about safe bicycling
Members also get extensive benefits, including discounts at over 100 bike shops and businesses, Active Trans’ 2013 seven county Chicagoland Bike Map, event discounts, a discount on a Divvy bikeshare membership and more! Members are also eligible to take our Safe Cycling Class for only $15 (nonmember fee is $50).
When you join Active Trans, you’re helping create local transportation options that are more convenient, healthier and more social.