Activate: Art Music People Alleys.
When: Thursday, June 6, 2019 5:PM-10PM. RSVP for a free drink. Check back here and you should be able to RSVP for all future dates at once. Map
Where: MacChesney Court (Enter At The Corner Of E. Lake St. and N. Garland Ct. the first “street” west of Michigan Ave on Lake.)
The Chicago Loop Alliance hosts a FREE monthly event, Activate, billed as “pop-up urban experiences” which takes place in a different Loop alley each month. During or after the event use your wristband to get discounts listed below.
This month’s theme
Curators Missy Perkins and Roe Melloe, and dozens of Chicago’s best artists. Inspired by circus arts, this fantastical, surprising, and bizarre pop-up will transform a hidden alley for one night only. Witness contortionists, magicians, hip-hop on two stages, an interactive costume photo booth, and more live murals than ever before seen in the Loop.
Events are free and open to the public. RSVP in advance for a free drink ticket (21+).
Elements of “ACTIVATE: Premiere” include:
• The Pack Drumline
• Hip-hop violinist Windy Indie
• Performances by Nibheru and Austin Fillmore
• South Shore Drill Team
• Music by Dxter Spits with black light visuals
• Music performance from Chai Tulani and the Bomba
• Youth circus performance and audience interaction with CircEsteem
• DJ sets atop Lymelite Studio art truck from DJ King Marie and DJ Illest
• Walking magicians featuring AJ Sacco from Chicago Magic Lounge
• Contortionist Faye LaVerte with live body painting by Jose Art
• Fire eating and Sword Swallowing act with Sally Marvel
• Costume ring light photo booth
• Interactive art installation
• Live painting by Julian Gilliam
• Live alley mural painting by Reco The Great, Barrett Keithley., Dwight White, Afrokilla, Gabe Mosleski, Revise CMW and Antben
• Sound provided by Free Write Arts & Literacy
ACTIVATE is a popular annual series of pop-up arts programs launched in 2014 that transform alleys and other unexpected places into creative exhibition spaces. ACTIVATE brings people together for an evening of exploration, interaction and celebration in the public realm, inspiring guests to see the Loop anew. Each month has a different theme.