Activate: Art Music People Alleys. The Chicago Loop Alliance hosts a FREE monthly event, Activate, billed as “pop-up urban experiences” which takes place in a different Loop alley each month. During or after the event use your wristband to get discounts listed below.
When: Thursday, September 13, 2018 5:PM-10PM. RSVP for a free drink. Check back here and you should be able to RSVP for all future dates at once. Map
Where: Arcade Alley 55 S. Wells
This month’s theme
ACTIVATE Arcade Place on September 13 with the muse, EVO, as your guide. Chicago’s fashion landscape explodes on an urban runway in the Loop during ACTIVATE: Materialists, a one-night showcase of the city’s underground designers, visual artists, and stylists. Interact with fabric art installations and custom creations by some of the city’s most prolific fashion hustlers, whose designs are represented worldwide.
Events are free and open to the public. RSVP in advance for a free drink ticket (21+).
Elements of Materialists include:
- Live DJ set by Mister Wallace of FUTUREHOOD
- Live DJ set by Hijo Prodijo of FUTUREHOOD
- Live performance by Eric Dontè
- Live performance by CHAE BUTTAH
- Live performance by Fee Lion
- Interactive “public runway” by FULCRUM MOUNTMAKING & EXHIBITIONS
- Tropical inspired visual/fashion display by M Squared Customs
- Custom fabric and light installation by James Langford
- Live body painting station by Naqee
- Fashion show by AMFM
- Chicago Fashion Incubator live
- Denvir Dobbs showcase
- Live fashion modeling and photography by Stan Magoni
- Live murals by AliSix
- Projection and visuals by Pugs Atomz of Iridium
- “Giant” keychain installation by Julia Kriegel
- Fabric installation by Jeanine Fry
- Pop-up jewelry and art gallery by Be Buddha Jewelry
- Denim Repair Shop by RunwayAddicts
ACTIVATE is a popular annual series of pop-up arts programs launched in 2014 that transform alleys and other unexpected places into creative exhibition spaces. ACTIVATE brings people together for an evening of exploration, interaction and celebration in the public realm, inspiring guests to see the Loop anew. Each month has a different theme.
Freebies and discounts: Looks like they’re gone in 2018.