Adler Planetarium After Dark.
When: Third Thursday of select months February 20, April 16, June 18, August 20, October 15, 2020. February, April, and October: 6:00 – 10:00 pm; June & August (Summer Hours): 6:30 – 10:30 pm.
Where: Adler Planetarium, 1300 S Lake Shore Dr., 312-922-7827
Cost: $25 advance tickets/$30 at the door. Buy tickets here. Doane Observatory can be added to your General Admission ticket for $8.00. 2020 Free Chicago Museum Days
Online ticket sales start at 9:00 am on the first of the month and end at noon on the day of the event. Event capacity is limited and likely to sell out. Purchase your tickets online before the day of the event as tickets may not be available at the door. All guests must be 21 and up.
What’s Included at Adler Planetarium After Dark
- Full access and admission to museum exhibits and galleries
- Unlimited sky shows in our 3 state-of-the-art theaters
- Special guests and lectures
- Stellar hands-on educational programs
- Access to the Doane Observatory* (weather permitting)
- Live entertainment
- The best view of the skyline from anywhere in Chicago!
The Doane Observatory is currently closed as we work to install a new telescope, but will be available again this spring!
Cocktails and other alcoholic beverages are available for purchase at the event bars. Entrée items and snacks are available for purchase at Café Galileo’s.