Save money at Amazon Go Stores. I stopped by the newest Amazon Go Stores located at 144 S. Clark at Adams and at Ogilvie Transportation Center
If you haven’t tried it, and you work in the area it’s worth a look. As we all know eating downtown can be expensive. Amazon Go’s prices are competitive with their neighbors and in many cases cheaper. They sell breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner meal kits.
No one believes me but since Amazon bought Whole Foods their prices have dropped considerably in many areas. The Amazon Go store reflects that. They sell pre-made salads that you can find at Whole Foods for around $8. They also sell Farmer’s Fridge salads and those prices looked similar to the kiosk. Essentially Amazon studied their area competition and are really slightly less expensive than everyone around.
Soda addicts take note 69 cent cans of soda
As a mostly reformed soda addict I can tell you they sell 12 ounce cans of soda for 69 cents! The last time I saw them that cheap was in Mexico.
113 S Franklin St Mon–Fri, 7AM–8PM. Closed Sat–Sun.
144 S Clark St, Ste 100, Mon–Fri, 6AM–9PM. Closed Sat–Sun.
Ogilvie Transpo Ctr 500 W Madison St, 2nd level, Mon–Fri, 6AM–8PM. Closed Sat–Sun.
Coming soon Illinois Center 111 E Wacker Dr.
How it works
- Download the Amazon Go app
- Login to the app using your Amazon account information. In account settings you can change your login password to a 4 digit pin.
- Add a credit card if you don’t have one in your account. (Amazon Go doesn’t use your Amazon gift card balance).
- Scan the QR code when you enter. Wait for the gate to open.
- Grab your items.
- And walk out.
- Also they do not automatically charge you for a bag. You have to tell them in the app how any bags you used. The default is zero.
- The app tells you via email receipt what you spent and how long your transaction lasted. The other day I ran through and picked up a soda and it took 37 seconds. That’s awesome!
If you work near a location Amazon Go is a reasonably priced alternative and may cause surrounding businesses to lower their prices. Also you save time because you can complete transactions within seconds.