Asian American Festival Daley Plaza. In celebration of Asian Pacific American Heritage month the annual Asian American Festival returns.
When: Mon-Friday, May 22-26, 2017, 9AM-5PM daily. Grand Opening Ceremony May 22, 2016, 1:00 pm. Grand Closing Ceremony May 26, 2016 at 12:00 pm. Performances daily 1PM.
Where: Daley Center Plaza, 50 W. Washington St. (At Washington and Dearborn Streets), Admission: FREE
The Asian American Coalition of Chicago’s (AACC) Annual Asian Festival is traditionally the single largest organized annual event in Chicago’s Asian American community during Asian American Heritage Month.
- This year’s 16th annual Festival themed “One world, Our world” offers entertainment, arts and craft booths. “Our strength is in being one world. When we work together for justice, inclusiveness and empowerment, we enhance our world”.
- Every year a different Asian community takes turn hosting the Festival.
- This year it is hosted by the Pakistani American Community.
- This year’s host, the Pakistani American Community, is inspired by AACC’s tradition of celebrating and dignifying individual ethnic identity, while fostering a greater culture of cooperation and unity.
- The AACC, founded in 1983, is represented by over 16 Asian American communities.