Free Dance Performances Chicago Cultural Center.
Celebrate Dance Month at the Chicago Cultural Center.
When: Tuesdays, March 26-May 7 (except April 30), 4:30-6pm
Where: Chicago Cultural Center, 78 E. Washington St. Claudia Cassidy Theater & Dance Studio
Chicago Cultural Center, Dance Studio, 1st Floor North
- March 26: Open Rehearsal with Margi Cole and The Dance COLEctive
- April 2: Studio Showing with RE|Dance group
- April 9: Studio Showing with Synapse Arts with Amanda Ramirez
- April 16: Studio Showing with Project Bound Dance
- April 23: Studio Showing with Alyssa Motter
- May 7: All-levels Workshop with Desueño Dance
Other things to do at the Chicago Cultural Center
Public Group Tours:
- Tours are presented Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 1:15 pm.
- Tours meet in the Randolph Street lobby.
- The group will be limited to the first twenty people.
- To schedule tours for groups of ten or more at other times, contact Anna Marie Gazzi at 312.744.7917.
Private Group Tours:
- Trained docents will conduct free, prearranged private tours for adult groups on Mondays though Fridays, 9 am-3 pm.
- Private tours are not available during weekends.
- Private tours are designed for adults and teenagers 13 years and over.
- Group sizes are limited, call for details.
- Reservations must be made at least one week in advance of the scheduled date by calling 312.744.7917.
- Private tours begin at the Chicago Cultural Center Information Desk in the Randolph Street lobby.
All self-guided group tours must check in with security upon entry.
About the Chicago Cultural Center
The Chicago Cultural Center, opened in 1897, was the first permanent Chicago Public Library after the original library was lost in the Chicago fire in 1871.
In addition to the library the building was also a Grand Army of the Republic Memorial (on the north side) dedicated to Northern soldiers who fought in the Civil War. All the Civil War artifacts once displayed here are now located at the Harold Washington Library. Here’s the buildings extensive history.