Free Dance Performances Chicago Cultural Center.
Chicago Dance Month Kickoff Celebration
When: Monday, March 30, 2020 4:30–5:30pm
Where: Chicago Cultural Center, 78 E. Washington St. Claudia Cassidy Theater & Dance Studio
Chicago Dance Month highlights the breadth, variety, and artistic richness of the Chicago dance community, and the Kickoff Celebration features free performances to leap into the month-long festival of dance!
The program will include ASL interpretation.
The program will include: Ballet 5:8, Bril Barrett/M.A.D.D. Rhythms, Ensemble Español Spanish Dance Theater, Momenta Dance Company, Bellydance by Phaedra, and Red Clay Dance.
Other things to do at the Chicago Cultural Center
Public Group Tours:
- Tours are presented Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 1:15 pm.
- Tours meet in the Randolph Street lobby.
- The group will be limited to the first twenty people.
- To schedule tours for groups of ten or more at other times, contact Anna Marie Gazzi at 312.744.7917.
Private Group Tours:
- Trained docents will conduct free, prearranged private tours for adult groups on Mondays though Fridays, 9 am-3 pm.
- Private tours are not available during weekends.
- Private tours are designed for adults and teenagers 13 years and over.
- Group sizes are limited, call for details.
- Reservations must be made at least one week in advance of the scheduled date by calling 312.744.7917.
- Private tours begin at the Chicago Cultural Center Information Desk in the Randolph Street lobby.
All self-guided group tours must check in with security upon entry.
About the Chicago Cultural Center
The Chicago Cultural Center, opened in 1897, was the first permanent Chicago Public Library after the original library was lost in the Chicago fire in 1871.
In addition to the library the building was also a Grand Army of the Republic Memorial (on the north side) dedicated to Northern soldiers who fought in the Civil War. All the Civil War artifacts once displayed here are now located at the Harold Washington Library. Here’s the buildings extensive history.