Cook County Forest Preserves Camping. In 2015 the Forest Preserve of Cook County (FPCC) began offering camping to all Cook County residents beginning at $20 per night. Non-Cook County residents are also welcome for slightly higher rates. Save money by not driving to some remote campground and enjoy the great outdoors in one of our beautiful forest preserves.
Camping is available April 1- October 1, 2018. Reservations open 1/2/2018.
Locations and amenities
Click here to reserve online. Online reservations must be made at least 48 hours in advance of your stay. If you are interested in a last minute reservation or Organized Group Campsites, please choose the phone or in-person options.
Reserve by Phone
Call 855-YES-CAMP to make a reservation by phone, or call the campgrounds directly. Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Reserve In Person
Visit Camp Sullivan, Camp Bullfrog Lake or Camp Reinberg, seven days a week from 8 am to 4 pm (closed Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years Day) to make a reservation in person at any campground. Same-day reservations can be made at the specific campground—call ahead to make sure staff is onsite.
- The camper applying for a reservation must be 18 years or older to reserve a campsite and 21 years or older to reserve a cabin.
- Reservations made less than 48 hours in advance cannot be made online. Please call the campgrounds directly.
- You may book up to 6 consecutive nights.
- Campground capacities are as follows:
- Tent Campsite: 6 people
- RV/Tent Campsite (With Electricity): 6 people
- Small Cabin: 8 people
- Large Cabin: 10 people
- Small Bunkhouse: 16 people
- Large Bunkhouse: 36 people
- Maximum length of RV/Popup or Camper cannot exceed 40 feet at applicable campgrounds.
Cancelling a Reservation
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations of cabins, tent pads RV or group sites within 48 hours from the beginning of a reservation.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations of the bunk houses at Camp Sullivan within two weeks from the beginning of a reservation.
- FPCC is not responsible for cancellations due to weather.
- No refunds will be issued if a member of the camping party on the reservation is ejected for a violation of rules or policies.
- FPCC reserves the right to cancel a reservation at any time. If a reservation is cancelled by FPCC staff for any reason, a full refund will be issued.
Both beginning and experienced campers can take advantage of forest preserve campgrounds without having to invest in gear and supplies. A variety of programs offer rental options to families and individuals, groups and group leaders.
“Instant Camper” Gear Rental
Campers at all Forest Preserves campgrounds can rent our basic gear packages (for one, two or four campers). Each package includes:
- Tent (1 total)
- Flashlight (1 total)
- Portable Chair(s) (1 total for One-Camper Package, 2 total for Two- and Four-Camper Packages)
- Binoculars (1 total)
- Sleeping bag(s) (1 per person)
- Pillow(s) (1 per person, yours to keep!)
Following registration, campers will receive a phone call to confirm their reservation, and may select from rental options at that time. All rentals must be reserved prior to arrival at campground. Individual items are available for sale.