Discount Chicago Water Taxi All-Day passes. I love riding the Water Taxi. People complain that it used to cost the same as the bus but it’s so much better than riding the bus I’m willing to pay more.
Now astute reader Jeff H. tipped me off on a way to get a discount. Pick up the small Metra rail schedules at any Metra station and flip to the back and voila – 40% off!
Unfortunately you have to buy the tickets in person in order to get the discount. Also there are no restrictions listed on the coupon but there may still be restrictions. I emailed Chicago Water Taxi and never heard back,
One-Way $6.00 Valid for one ride between any two CWT dock locations.
A ten ride pass is the best deal – Ten Rides $20.00 IF you’re traveling Monday-Friday. Valid for ten rides between any CWT dock locations and may be used for multiple passengers. If you are traveling Saturday-Sunday ten rides are $50 or $5 per ride.
All-Day Pass $10.00 Valid for unlimited use for one day (must be used by the same one person). The ticket is validated when first used and expires at the end of that day. Now $6 with coupon.
Chicago Water Taxi 7 stops (Chicago Water Taxi’s are the yellow boats):
- Michigan Avenue stop is located between Trump International Hotel & Tower and the Wrigley Building at the south end of The Magnificent Mile on Michigan Avenue. From Michigan Avenue walk through the Wrigley arch and walk to the stairs on the left. Note: When you disembark at this stop you have to walk up a dozen stairs to get to the elevator that takes you to street level. If the elevator is broken you will have to walk up three flights of stairs.Cheap mall eats North Michigan Avenue
- LaSalle and Clark (North side of River) No weekend service. The LaSalle/Clark Stop is located between LaSalle and Clark Streets on the north bank of the Chicago River two blocks east of the Merchandise Mart.
- Riverwalk and Clark Street is located on the south side of the river on the Chicago Riverwalk by the Clark Street Bridge. This stop only operates in high season of summer Late May-September.
- Ogilvie Transportation Center/Union Station. Located at the northwest corner of the Madison Street Bridge. When you disembark at this stop you have to walk up stairs to get to street level. Ogilvie/Union dock is the main hub of Chicago Water Taxi service. All routes meet at Ogilvie/Union dock.
- From Ogilvie Transportation Center: Head north through the terminal, take the skybridge to 2 N Riverside plaza, exit the revolving doors, entrance is straight ahead.
- From Union Station: Exit Madison Street, cross street, entrance on northwest corner of Madison Street Bridge.
- Chinatown Ping Tom Park
- North Avenue and Sheffield No weekend service. The North Avenue stop is located at the east end of the North Avenue turning basin at the southwest corner of the Cherry Street pedestrian bridge on the northern tip of Goose Island. Walk up to North Avenue and then walk east to the Clybourn Corridor shopping area.
- Chicago Avenue (600 W. Chicago Ave.) No weekend service. This stop is located north of the Chicago Avenue bridge on the east side of the Chicago River.