How to enter the Hamilton Digital Lottery.
You can win
***Update 5/17/17. I had lunch with a friend last week who has been entering the Hamilton lottery religiously every day that they could attend and they won tickets! As you can see these are very good seats: Orchestra right, Row C (second row) and Seats 4 and 6 (just off the aisle). These seats retail for $497 each. So don’t give up and try every day you can attend.***.
How it works when you win
Within a minute of when the lottery closes you will get an email telling you whether you’ve won. If you win there will be a link in the email to where you buy the tickets. You enter your credit card info and then pick up the tickets no sooner than 30 minutes prior to show time at Will Call. You only have 60 minutes to purchase from the time you are notified so you may want to be near a computer and/or reliable internet connection.
How to enter the Hamilton Digital Lottery
There will be a day-of-show drawing for 44 seats priced at $10 for all performances. Seat locations will be assigned at the discretion of the Box Office, and may be located anywhere in the theatre including partial view or obstructed view locations. The ticket limit is two.
Here’s how it will work:
- A day-of-performance DIGITAL lottery for forty-four (44) $10 seats will be held for every performance of HAMILTON. Seat locations and the number of ticket awards by the lottery are always subject to availability, and seating is at the discretion of the box office.
- The time of each lottery depends on the date and time of the performance. See current schedule below. CHECK HERE FOR UPDATED CHICAGO HAMILTON LOTTERY TIMES
To enter the Hamilton lottery visit www.BroadwayInChicago.com/HamiltonLottery.
- Click “Enter Now” for the performance you want to attend and fill out the entry form.
- After you enter you should receive an email confirming your entry.
- After the lottery closes, you will be notified via email within minutes as to whether you won or not.
- You may want to enter firstname.lastname@example.org into your address book.
- You can check your status online, after the days lottery has closed, without the email notification by clicking here.
- If you are selected as a winner, you have 60 minutes to pay for your tickets.
- Seats are assigned at the discretion of the Box Office and cannot be transferred to other people or performances.
Tickets can be picked up at The PrivateBank Theatre Box Office (18 W. Monroe) no sooner than 30 minutes prior to show time.
Photo I.D. is required for pick up. Seat locations and the number of tickets awarded by the lottery are always subject to availability. Seating is at discretion of box office.
- Didn’t win? Check back and enter again for a future performance.
- Frequently Asked Question
- Keep in mind that the show will be here for two years so it’s not the end of the world if you don’t get tickets right away.
- GOOD LUCK!
HAMILTON CHICAGO LOTTERY TIMES*
|PERFORMANCE||LOTTERY OPENS||LOTTERY CLOSES|
|Tuesday evening||9 am||4 pm|
|Wednesday matinee||9 am||10:30 am|
|Wednesday evening||Noon||4 pm|
|Thursday evening||9 am||4 pm|
|Friday evening||9 am||4 pm|
|Saturday matinee||9 am||10:30 am|
|Saturday evening||Noon||4 pm|
|Sunday matinee||9 am||10:30 am|
|Sunday evening||Noon||4 pm|
*All times are subject to change. Always check on the entry page for exact timing.
My experience and tips when buying tickets online during the Amex Platinum Pre-sale:
Ticket prices (before fees) are range from $65-$180 for regular performances with 10% of the seats going for $500. During the holidays (not sure what constitutes a holiday during this period) regular tickets will increase to a maximum of around $212 and premium seats $600.
- You are limited to six tickets per household. If you over buy your ticket orders may be cancelled tickets.
- If you don’t already have one set up a Ticketmaster account and add your credit card number to it ahead of time.
- With the General Sale you can also buy at Broadwayinchicago.com. You may want to set up and/or add your credit card to that account also.
- The Ticketmaster website was very slow but never crashed. At one point I lost my internet connection and had to reboot. I’m not sure if that was because my internet provider was overwhelmed or just a coincidence. Keep calm.
- I created a list of dates and show times I could attend in date order before the sale. You may want to do this as things will move very fast and you will want to be able to move through dates looking for “affordable” tickets in better seats as rapidly as possible.
- I started looking for tickets later in the run thinking that everyone else would start looking for tickets in at the first available date. There were tickets available for all months.
- I logged into my Ticketmaster account 10 minutes before the sale went live. I worked with two windows open and made sure that I was at the sale homepage (in both windows) a minute before the sale went live. in order to keep from being logged out I looked around at other tickets on the site.
- Again during the sale I worked with two windows open and flipped back and forth. As the site got busier you had to keep verifying that you are not a bot which slowed things down.
- Best piece of advice: If you find tickets for a performance you can attend buy them immediately because when you go back they will probably be gone.
- If you buy tickets on multiple dates (you are limited to six tickets per household total) you have the option of legally reselling your tickets for any price online through Ticketmaster.
- It took me 30 minutes but that included rebooting.
- Tickets will be on sale at the PrivateBank Theatre box office only (18 W. Monroe) the morning of the sale. People were camped out around the block per WGN.
- If you are extremely skilled you could try calling Ticketmaster.com, by phone at 800-775-2000 while you search online.
- Keep in mind that the show will be here for two years so it’s not the end of the world if you don’t get tickets right away. GOOD LUCK!***
The Broadway smash hit, hip hop musical Hamilton is coming to Chicago September 27, 2016 for probably two years. Someone asked me the other night how they could get discount tickets. Well, like Book of Mormon, Wicked, The Producers, and other wildly popular show tickets are going to be expensive and never be available on Goldstar.
four two potential way to get discount tickets to Hamilton. I’ll keep updating this as more info becomes available.
- Group tickets for 20 or more. Group ticket sales have closed and there was no discount offered.
- Buy Broadway in Chicago Fall season tickets. Season ticket sales have closed.
- Attend a Wednesday matinee show at 1:30PM. Since most people are working weekday matinee show tickets may have more availability. Take a very long lunch or a vacation day. ***My experience during the June 13 Pre-sale was that tickets for all shows on all days were the same price. This will probably be the situation during the General Public sale.***
$25 Student/Senior/Military Rush tickets.***6/11/16 Update: There will be a day-of-show drawing for 44 seats priced at $10 for all performances in the first two rows and boxes of the theatre. You’re best bet for those tickets may be Wednesday matinees.***In New York they were offering $10 tickets via lottery at the box office. The crowds were so overwhelming they switched to an online lottery. Over 50k people tried to get tickets and the system crashed. Read about it here.
Here is how the website works to buy season tickets:Season ticket sales have closed.
Set up a Broadway in Chicago account. Click on your preferred day of the week to see a show. All tickets in your season ticket package will be on that same day and show time i.e. Saturday matinee). Choose your price level/section for preferred seating. The five BIC theaters vary in size. Obviously the larger the theater the farther away the “cheap” seats will be from the stage. See seating info below. A Broadway In Chicago subscription agent will process your order, and always provide you best available seating. Receive an e-mailed confirmation with dates for your shows and enjoy the show. Broadway in Chicago Season tickets include performances at the following theaters. Seating info: Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University 3,901 seats
Broadway Playhouse 549 seats
Cadillac Palace Theater 2,344 seats
Oriental Theater 2,200 seats
Private Bank Theater (formerly Bank of America Theater) 1,800 seats Subscription Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:30AM – 5:00PM Phone: (312) 977-1717 *At times, we experience heavy call volume. While we do our best to get back to you in a timely manner, we encourage you to send us an email to email@example.com in addition to leaving a voicemail. Season packages must be purchased online by contacting the administrative office at the information listed above.
Fax: (312) 977-0519
Broadway In Chicago
Attn: Subscription Department
17 North State Street, Suite 810
Chicago, IL 60602
SEASON TICKET BENEFITS *Enjoy FREE, EASY and UNLIMITED exchange privileges via mail, e-mail and phone! Get the BEST SEATS to shows that are sure to SELL OUT! FREE, EASY and UNLIMITED ticket exchange privileges via mail, email and phone! DISCOUNTED SUITE SERVICE—Order directly from the subscription office! SPECIAL ACCESS to OFF-SEASON SPECIALS! Purchase advance and priority tickets to popular shows outside of your season package! SPECIAL DISCOUNTS—Purchase additional tickets at a discounted rate for select shows before the general public! WANT TO SIT CLOSER? Ask about upgrading your seats for your favorite show! Take the Historic Theatre TOUR for FREE to get acquainted with your venues! Receive invitations to SPECIAL EVENTS throughout the season! LOST TICKETS? Our friendly staff will replace your tickets for free!