Free Chicago SummerDance. The largest annual outdoor dancing series in the US returns with swing, waltz, salsa and more. Go to dance or simply to enjoy the music.
Where: Grant Park, Spirit of Music Garden, 601 S. Michigan Ave. at Balboa
When: Fridays-Sundays June 27-August 23, 2019. Some times vary slightly see full schedule below. Thursdays–Saturdays: Dance Lesson: 6–7 p.m. Music & Dancing: 7:30–9:30 p.m. Sundays: Dance Lesson: 4–5 p.m. Music & Dancing: 5–7 p.m.
Updates and announcements (including weather-related announcements) will be shared on Facebook and on Twitter @SummerDanceChi, #ChicagoSummerDance.
Dance to the sounds of different live bands and get into step with dance lessons beforehand. Glide across the restored 4,900-square-foot, 100 percent recycled open-air dance floor.
Schedule Spirit of Music Garden, 601 S. Michigan Ave. at Balboa:
Friday, August 16, 6–9:30 p.m. BLUES
- Morry Sochat and The Special 20s (Chicago Blues with Swing & Rock-n-Roll)
- Big City Blues (Blues Dance)
Saturday, August 17, 6–9:30 p.m. STEPPIN’
- National Steppers Society (Chicago Steppin’)
- Ken Watkins (Chicago Steppin’)
Sunday, August 18, 4–7 p.m. FLAMENCO
- Clinard Dance’s Flamenco Quartet Project (Flamenco)
- Wendy Clinard (Flamenco)
Friday, August 23, 6–9 p.m. HOUSE
- Dee Jay Alicia (House DJ set)