Free City of Chicago Small Business Expo
When: Thursday, May 4, 2017 from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Where: 1871 @ theMART, 222 W Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 1212 Register
The City of Chicago Department of Business Affairs and the Small Business Center invites small business owners and entrepreneurs to its FREE Small Business Center on the Road business expo with more than 40 exhibitors.
- Keynote Speaker – Alpana Singh
Alpana owns and operates two acclaimed restaurants in Chicago-The Boarding House and Seven Lions. In 2003, she passed the final level of the Master Sommelier exam-a feat achieved by few in the world.For ten seasons, she served as the host of the Emmy Award-winning Chicago restaurant review television show, “Check, Please!”
- FREE assistance from business consultants to begin the licensing process
- Resources on Procurement, Financial, Insurance and Consumer information
- Financial Advisers on hand to answer questions
- Perfect your Elevator Pitch
- Mini makeovers and Hair Styling by Blown by Bocaj
- FREE Headshot by a professional photographer to be used for marketing/promotional materials
- FREE Tax Clinic: One-on-One counseling sessions provided by Center for Economic Progress (CEP)
- FREE Law Clinic: Legal advice and support provided by The Law Project
- FREE Networking Hour: Connect and exchange ideas with likeminded entrepreneurs provided by Chicago’s Office of the City Treasurer from 8:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Exhibitors including
– Fifth Third Bank
– City of Chicago Department of Business Affairs & Consumer Protection
– Country Financial
– Law Project
– Center for Economic Progress
– Accion Chicago
– Better Business Bureau
– Chicago Public Library
– City of Chicago Department of Planning and Development
– City of Chicago Department of Public Health
– City of Chicago Department of Buildings
– City of Chicago Department of Procurement Services
– Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Busineses
– Illinois Office of the Attorney General
– Office of the City Treasurer
– Office of the State Treasurer
– Illinois Department of Employment Security
– Illinois Office of the Comptroller
– Illinois SBDC at UIC
– Internal Revenue Service
– Knapp Entrepreneurship Center at IIT
– Latin American Chamber of Commerce
– Polish American Chamber of Commerce
– Small Business Administration
– Sunshine Enterprises
– Women’s Business Development Center
– Greater Englewood CDC
– and more!
- 2 Free Workshops (7:00 – 8:00 p.m.)
Access to Capital: Helping Your Business to Grow
Presented by Fifth Third Bank and Accion Chicago
In order for businesses to grow capital is often needed but sometimes it isn’t always easy to come by. In this workshop you will learn about traditional and non-traditional credit sources as well as how to best prepare for when your company needs it most.
Measure It: The Value of Social Media
Presented by Alumnus of the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program.
As an integral part of marketing strategy, the use of social media connects brands to their audiences. But how do you know if your business’ social engagement is even driving the online traffic for conversions? Join us for a social media measurement workshop hosted by Rod Holmes that tackles the issue of taking small business promotion beyond “likes” and reaching tangible goals through data. This event will cover how to amplify existing digital marketing practices from SEO to paid search (PPC) and how applying measurable strategy to social media will boost overall conversions.
- And much more!