Free Energy Efficiency Workshop.
When: Sat, March 25, 2017, 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM CDT
Where: ReBuilding Exchange, 1740 West Webster Avenue, For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the warehouse at (773) 252-2234 ext. 5. Register here.
Please review all details below, including the cancellation policies, before committing to a workshop.
This free Energy Efficiency Workshop will teach you how to save hundreds of dollars on your utility bills. All Chicago residents will also receive a FREE, energy saving surge protector/ power strip (retail value $25).
This workshop covers:
- Building science basics, and what really makes your heat bill skyrocket in the winter
- The best lighting choices for energy savings
- The new electric “Smart-Grid” and what it means for consumers
- Utility programs and incentives to make your building more efficient and lower your bills
Workshop and Class Policies:
- Please arrive to class on time- especially for an evening class. If you arrive more than 30 minutes late you will only be allowed to observe the remainder of the class. If you arrive more than an hour late, the instructor can choose if they want you to observe the class.
- If you can not make a class, then you MUST call or email email@example.com 48 hours before the start of a one-time workshop or class.
- If you can not make a 2 or 4 week series workshop, then you MUST call or email firstname.lastname@example.org 1 week before the class starts.
- If you drop a class before the deadline, then absolutely NO credit will be given (this includes credit in the form of another class).
- If you become ill and seek medical attention, then you must provide Rebuilding Exchange with a physician’s note within one week of the class that you miss. Only then will we be able to provide a credit.
- You must attend all of the classes in a 2 or four week series- there are no make-up sessions unless you provide a physician’s note.
- If for any reason Rebuilding Exchange needs to cancel a class or workshop, you will be notified and refunded.
- PLEASE NOTE: Final products may vary from the images that are shown.
PARKING: Free parking is available in the parking lot in designated RX parking spots between 9am and 6pm on weekdays. On evenings after 6pm and on weekends, you are welcome to park anywhere in the lot. There is also street parking in front of the building on Webster.
PUBLIC TRANSIT: Rebuilding Exchange is accessible by CTA bus and train, as well as by the Metra. For more information or to plan your trip, visit http://www.transitchicago.com.
About Rebuilding Exchange
Rebuilding Exchange is a 501c3 non-profit and our mission is to create a market for reclaimed building materials. We do this by diverting materials from landfills and making them accessible for reuse through our retail warehouse, by promoting sustainable deconstruction practices, by providing education and job training programs, and by creating innovative models for sustainable reuse.
They also offer some pretty cool classes if you want to get crafty and handy. Fees range from $20-$400. Check them out here.