Free movies Chicago Women’s Park and Gardens. Pack a picnic, grab a chair and blanket and enjoy free movies courtesy of the Chicago Park District.
When: Movies start times are approximate. Movies start at dusk.
Where: Chicago Women’s Park and Gardens 1801 S. Indiana Ave. Chicago (312) 328-0821
Sunday, June 30, 2019 – 8:30pm Movies in the Parks at Chicago Women’s
Chicago Women’s Park and Gardens Movie: Incredibles 2 – PG – CC
Saturday, July 13, 2019 – 8:30pm Movies in the Parks at Chicago Women’s
Chicago Women’s Park and Gardens Movie: Dunkirk – PG-13 – CC
Thursday, August 1, 2019 – 8:15pm Movies in the Parks at Chicago Women’s
Chicago Women’s Park and Gardens Movie: Jane Eyre (2011) – PG-13 – CC
Saturday, August 24, 2019 – 8:00pm Movies in the Parks at Chicago Women’s
Chicago Women’s Park and Gardens Movie: First Man – PG-13 – CC
- Chicago Women’s Park & Gardens totals 2.51 acres and formerly housed the Vietnam Veterans Museum.
- Located within the Prairie Avenue Historic District and nestled between two house museums— the Clarke House and the Glessner House.
- Opened to the public in 2000, Chicago Women’s Park and Gardens honors the contributions women have made to the city throughout its history and provides a quiet respite for the community.
- The park offers a field house, indoor children’s playground, a cafe, meeting facilities, fitness studios, a club room, and Kids Science Labs. The Kids Science Labs (KSL) offer hands-on science classes, birthday parties, summer camps and field trips for kids ages 2-12.
- The park contains the Botanical Gardens Fountain with a copper-coated cast iron basin.
- A winding path along the perimeter of the site serves as a metaphor of a woman as she moves in and out of traditional boundaries and roles through the course of her life.
- A monument in homage to Jane Addams (1860 – 1935) known as “Helping Hands,” recognizes the humanity of Addams’ efforts, as well as the large number of people she helped.