Free events Chicago Women’s Park and Gardens.
Where: Chicago Women’s Park and Gardens 1801 S. Indiana Ave. Chicago (312) 328-0821
When: Friday, Dec 06, 2019 from 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM Register
Lengthen, strengthen and stretch the body while clearing the mind. Reduce stress while improving strength and flexibility through visualization, focused breathing, and yoga postures?with modifications for all levels. Age 18 and up
- Chicago Women’s Park & Gardens totals 2.51 acres and formerly housed the Vietnam Veterans Museum.
- Located within the Prairie Avenue Historic District and nestled between two house museums— the Clarke House and the Glessner House.
- Opened to the public in 2000, Chicago Women’s Park and Gardens honors the contributions women have made to the city throughout its history and provides a quiet respite for the community.
- The park offers a field house, indoor children’s playground, a cafe, meeting facilities, fitness studios, a club room, and Kids Science Labs. The Kids Science Labs (KSL) offer hands-on science classes, birthday parties, summer camps and field trips for kids ages 2-12.
- The park contains the Botanical Gardens Fountain with a copper-coated cast iron basin.
- A winding path along the perimeter of the site serves as a metaphor of a woman as she moves in and out of traditional boundaries and roles through the course of her life.
- A monument in homage to Jane Addams (1860 – 1935) known as “Helping Hands,” recognizes the humanity of Addams’ efforts, as well as the large number of people she helped.