Free family fun: ZooLights at Lincoln Park Zoo. Head to Lincoln Park Zoo for the brilliance of this annual fun, free, family-oriented holiday celebration, featuring luminous displays and holiday-season activities throughout zoo grounds.
When: ZooLights Opening Night Friday, November 23, 2018 4:25 p.m. join a lighting ceremony at the stairs next to Wild Things gift shop to kick off the festivities.
Select dates: 4:30-9 p.m.
November 2018: 23, 24, 25 and 30
December 2018: 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 and 31* *(early closure of 8 PM on the 31st)
January 2019: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
Where: Lincoln Park Zoo, 2001 North Clark Street, 312-742-2000. The zoo is open daily 10AM-5PM during Zoo Lights. Due to traffic the Zoo recommends that you take public transit. The CTA bus 151 and 156 serve the Zoo. The Lincoln Park Zoo is always free. Other Holiday events around Chicago
- Photos with Santa (through December 23 before he heads back to the North Pole)
- Incredible 3D displays
- Warm spiced wine, frosty beers and festive specials
- Delicious holiday snacks
- Holiday gift shopping
- Live ice-sculpture carving (Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays and Family Night Mondays)
- Strolling carolers (Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Family Night Mondays)
- Ticketed experiences: AT&T Endangered Species Carousel, Lionel Train Adventure, Ferris wheel, Light Maze Presented by Invesco QQQ, Sea Explorer 5D
- Musical light shows at the Winter Wonderlawn
- Candy Cane Lane and more than 100 giant, themed displays
- 3D holiday specs while supplies last