Free family fun: Zoo Lights at Lincoln Park Zoo. Head to Lincoln Park Zoo for the brilliance of this annual fun, free, family-oriented holiday celebration, featuring luminous displays and holiday-season activities throughout zoo grounds.
When: ZooLights Opening Night Friday, November 24, 2017 4:25 p.m. join a lighting ceremony at the stairs next to Wild Things gift shop to kick off the festivities.
All dates: November 24–26, December 1–3, 8–23, 26–31; January 1–7, 2018 4:30–9 p.m.
Where: Lincoln Park Zoo, 2001 North Clark Street, 312-742-2000. The zoo is open daily 10AM-5PM during Zoo Lights. Due to traffic the Zoo recommends that you take public transit. The CTA bus 151 and 156 serve the Zoo. The Lincoln Park Zoo is always free. Other Holiday events around Chicago
- Photos with Santa (through December 23 before he heads back to the North Pole)
- 3D displays
- Warm spiced wine and frosty lager
- Delicious holiday snacks
- Holiday gift shopping
- Live ice-sculpture carving
- Carousel, train, ferris wheel, Light Maze, Undersea Adventure & Polar Journey experiences
- Musical light shows at Winter Wonderlawn
- Candy Cane Lane and more than 100 giant themed displays
- 3D holiday specs while supplies last
- Free crafts for children (only on ZooLights Tuesday–Thursday nights)