Free fireworks Saturday nights at Navy Pier.
About the Navy Pier Fireworks
Navy Pier is the destination for spectacular FREE Chicago fireworks synchronized to blasting music on Lake Michigan. The twice weekly fireworks shows are all summer long from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.
June 5-September 4, 2021 10:15-10:25PM
COTC note: I heard them going off on Sat., Sept 11 and I was like “What’s that? Are we being bombed?!” Looks like they’ve been extended through Sept 18, 2021 9:30PM-9:45PM!
Be sure to check the schedule for additional shows that are sometimes added throughout the season. Schedule subject to change or cancellation.
CTA bus service- Select buses will run later to/from Navy Pier from May 29-Septemebr 6, 2021.
#29 95th/Dan Ryan (Red) (accessible) north to Navy Pier 4:00a-11:30p weekdays, 4:00a-11:30p Saturday, 4:00a-11:30p Sunday
#29 Navy Pier south to 95th/Dan Ryan (Red) (accessible) 5:00a-12:30a weekdays, 5:00a-12:30a Saturday, 5:00a-12:35a Sunday
#66 Chicago/Austin east to Navy Pier: 4:05a-12:00m weekdays, 4:10a-11:55p Saturday, 4:15a-11:55p Sunday
#66 Navy Pier west to Chicago/Austin 5:00a-12:55a weekdays, 5:05a-12:50a Saturday, 5:10a-12:50a Sunday
#124 Service will be extended one hour and 30 minutes later on weekdays, Saturdays, and Sundays/holidays.
The last eastbound trip will depart Union/Ogilvie stations at 11:30pm.
The last westbound trip will depart Navy Pier at 12 midnight.
CTA buses on regular schedule
#2 Hyde Park Express
#65 Grand bus
Free fireworks Saturday nights at Navy Pier – Schedule
Saturday, June 5, 2021 10:15p.m. – 10:25p.m.
Saturday, June 12, 2021 10:15p.m. – 10:25p.m.
Saturday, June 19, 2021 10:15p.m. – 10:25p.m.
Saturday, June 26, 2021 10:15p.m. – 10:25p.m.
Saturday, July 3, 2021 10:15p.m. – 10:25p.m. CANCELLED
Saturday, July 10, 2021 10:15p.m. – 10:25p.m.
Saturday, July 17, 2021 10:15p.m. – 10:25p.m.
Saturday, July 24, 2021 10:15p.m. – 10:25p.m.
Saturday, July 31, 2021 10:15p.m. – 10:25p.m.
Saturday, August 7, 2021 10:15p.m. – 10:25p.m.
Saturday, August 14, 2021 10:15p.m. – 10:25p.m.
Saturday, August 21, 2021 10:15p.m. – 10:25p.m.
Saturday, August 28, 2021 10:15p.m. – 10:25p.m.
Saturday, September 4, 2021 10:15p.m. – 10:25p.m.
Navy Pier Booze Rules
Where to watch along the lake
- Montrose Beach/Montrose Harbor 4400 N Lake Shore Dr, Montrose Avenue and Lake Shore Drive, (312) 742-5121. There’s the people beach, dog beach, park area, the pier and the harbor where you can camp out.
- Diversey Harbor, 2601 N. Cannon Dr., (312) 742-7762. Camp out in the grassy knolls along the Lakefront Trail.
- Theatre on the Lake, 2401 N. Lake Shore Drive at Fullerton, (312) 742-7994. Past the northern end of North Avenue Beach on the Lakefront Trail is the theater and it’s grounds. Adjacent is 5.8 acres of new park land built on landfill at Fullerton.
- Ohio Street Beach, 600 N Lake Shore Dr, Ohio Street and Lake Shore Drive,(312) 742-5121. This smaller beach faces north but is parallel to Navy Pier.
- Oak Street Beach, 1000 N Lake Shore Dr, Oak Street and Lake Shore Drive,(312) 742-5121. This beach is much larger than Ohio Street and you can also camp out in the grassy areas along the Lakefront Trail north of the beach.
- DuSable Harbor, 111 N. Lake Shore Drive, 312-742-3577. Set up along the grassy area adjacent to the Lakefront Trail.
- Monroe Harbor, Monroe Street east of Lake Shore Drive, 312-742-7643. Set up along the grassy area adjacent to the Lakefront Trail.
- Buckingham Fountain, 301 S. Columbus Dr., (312) 742-7529. You’ll want to be on the Lake Shore Drive side of the fountain in the grass along the Lakefront Trail across LSD from the fountain. The “walk” signals across LSD will activate only when a pedestrian pushes the crossing button.
- Shedd Aquarium, 1200 S Lake Shore, 312-939-2438. You can sit on the grassy slopes of the north side of the Shedd.
- Adler Planetarium, 1300 S Lake Shore Dr., 312-922-7827. The official address is Lake Shore Drive but where you want to camp out is on the north side of Solidarity Drive which runs east into the Lake.
- Northerly Island, 1400 S. Linn White Dr., (312) 745-2910. I would only drive there at night and be careful.