Free Good Food Festival.
When: Saturday, March 18, 2016, 10:00AM-5:00PM
Where: UIC Forum, 725 W Roosevelt Rd
Free Register for tickets here. Please register online and bring your confirmation.
The 2017 Good Food Festival is a family-friendly day of inspiring speakers, micro workshops on the Organic Valley Good Food Commons, demos at the Chefs At Play stage, plus the interactive Purple Asparagus Kids’ Corner.
Visit and shop with exhibitors at the Good Food Marketplace, meet CSA farmers, learn about local foods and enjoy a great meal.
In 2017, entry to Saturday’s Good Food Festival & Marketplace and Commons workshops will be FREE.
- Honey Butter Fried Chicken Good Food Chef of the Year Award and Demo Mar 18 @ 10:15 am – 11:15 am
- Purple Asparagus with Chef Tom Van Lente Mar 18 @ 11:30 am – 11:50 am Family-friendly programming presentation on its popular program that brings fun and information lessons on food to Chicago classrooms.
- Paula Haney, Hoosier Mama Pie Company Mar 18 @ 12:00 pm – 12:45 pm
- Aaron Lirette, Green River: Chef Demo Mar 18 @ 1:00 pm – 1:45 pm
- Artisan Grain Collaborative: Growing, Milling, Baking Mar 18 @ 2:00 pm – 2:45 pm The Artisan Grain Collaborative will showcase and demonstrate the process of milling locally grown wheat — and baking a sourdough bread.
- Rob Levitt, The Butcher & Larder at Local Foods Mar 18 @ 3:00 pm – 3:45 pm The Butcher & Larder serves sustainably and humanely produced meat with a heaping helping of first-rate customer service. The Butcher & Larder is now part of Bucktown’s Local Foods grocery store.
- Rick Bayless, Frontera Mar 18 @ 4:00 pm – 4:45 pm Rick Bayless is a pioneer among chefs in the Good Food movement. He first helped small farmers from the region build a market in Chicago through his ingredient sourcing. Then, starting in 2003, his Frontera Farmer Foundation has provided what now amounts to nearly $2 million in grants to regional farmers to help them succeed.