Free Tuesdays at the MCA. The Museum of Contemporary Art offers free admission for Illinois residents on Tuesdays, year round. All ages are welcome. From time-to-time they offer discount admission check here.
Free and regular admission
- Tuesdays are free for Illinois residents with valid ID and the museum will be open until 9 pm.
- The museum hosts special evening programs. These events range from live performances to film screenings and participatory projects. Find programs here. Current exhibits
- Regular admission $15 for adults, Students and seniors admission $8. Free admission to 12 and under.
Where: Museum of Contemporary Art, 220 East Chicago Avenue, 312-280-2660
Curator Talks select Tuesdays 12-1pm
Get the inside view. Walk through current MCA exhibitions with the curator and learn about the criteria and ideas that guided their selection of artists and artworks. Free with museum admission. Curator’s Tour groups meet by the Visitor Service Desk on the second floor. Upcoming talks here.
Docent-led tour every Tuesday 1- 2 pm
Join a docent-led tour to gain deeper insight into key themes and works featured in the MCA’s exhibitions. All tours last 30–45 minutes and begin at the Visitor Service Desk on the second floor. Please call 312-280-2660 for more information. Groups of 10 or more should schedule a private tour instead, at least two weeks in advance. Learn more.
Spanish docent-led tour every second Tuesday 6pm-7pm.
Tuesdays on the Terrace (summer only)
Join Tuesdays on the Terrace, featuring free, live jazz concerts on the MCA’s terrace. The weekly event features an array of Chicago’s jazz musicians.
- Bring a blanket or rent an MCA lawn chair ($5 each) to relax on the garden lawn.
- Dining options on Tuesdays include seasonal offerings on the upper terrace and more casual offerings in the garden.
- Both locations include a full bar with cold beverages, wine, and cocktails.
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed at this event.
- Tables are available on the upper terrace on a first-come basis and there is no table service.
- You can reserve a table at the MCA’s restaurant, Marisol, on the first floor however, music will not be audible from this location.