Free Tuesdays at the MCA. The Museum of Contemporary Art offers free admission for Illinois residents on Tuesdays, year round. All ages are welcome.
Beginning June 1 the museum is changing it’s admission structure.
- Tuesdays will remain free to Illinois residents and the museum will be open until 9 pm every Tuesday night.
- The museum will continue to host special evening programs. These unique experiences range from live performances to film screenings and participatory projects. Find programs here.
- Regular admission beginning June 1 will increase from $12 to $15 for adults.
- Students and seniors admission will increase from $7 to $8.
- Free admission will extend to teens 13-18.
- Children 12 and under already get in free.
- Get $9 admission now through May 31 here.
Where: Museum of Contemporary Art, 220 East Chicago Avenue, 312-280-2660
Curator Talks select Tuesdays 12-1pm
Get the inside view. Walk through current MCA exhibitions with the curator and learn about the criteria and ideas that guided their selection of artists and artworks. Free with museum admission. Curator’s Tour groups meet by the Visitor Service Desk on the second floor. Upcoming talks here.
Docent-led tour every Tuesday 1- 2 pm
Join a docent-led tour to gain deeper insight into key themes and works featured in the MCA’s exhibitions. All tours last 30–45 minutes and begin at the Visitor Service Desk on the second floor. Please call 312-280-2660 for more information. Groups of 10 or more should schedule a private tour instead, at least two weeks in advance. Learn more.
In winter the MCA offers free:
Spanish docent-led tour every second Tuesday 6pm-7pm.
Tuesdays on the Terrace (summer only)
Join Tuesdays on the Terrace, featuring free, live jazz concerts on the MCA’s terrace. The weekly event features an array of Chicago’s jazz musicians.
- Bring a blanket or rent an MCA lawn chair ($5 each) to relax on the garden lawn.
- Due to construction, dining options for Tuesdays on the Terrace in June will be limited to Sandwiches $7-10, snacks $2-4. Kids menu $3-4.
- On July 4, 2017, we return to our regular food service including our buffet, which features a changing menu of themed dishes using fresh, locally grown produce for $30 per person.
- Assorted beverages—beer ($6), wine ($8), and seasonal cocktails ($10)—are also available from the cash bars on the lower and upper terraces.
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed in the sculpture garden.
- Tables are limited and reservations are recommended. Consider making a group reservation for an office outing or a fun night with friends. Call 312.397.4034.
Outside food and beverages are not allowed in the sculpture garden. In case of rain, the event takes place inside Puck’s Café.