Free Tuesdays at the MCA. The Museum of Contemporary Art offers free admission for Illinois residents on Tuesdays, year round. All ages are welcome. From time-to-time they offer discount admission check here.
Free and regular admission
- Tuesdays are free for Illinois residents with valid ID and the museum will be open until 9 pm.
- The museum hosts special evening programs. These events range from live performances to film screenings and participatory projects. Find programs here. Current exhibits
- Regular admission $15 for adults, Students and seniors admission $8. Free admission to 12 and under.
Where: Museum of Contemporary Art, 220 East Chicago Avenue, 312-280-2660
Suggested admission is $15 for adults, $8 for students, teachers, and seniors, and free for youth 18 and under. IL residents are free on Tuesdays. Visitors with disabilities and their caregivers receive free admission.
Talks on select Tuesdays
Get the inside view. From conversations in the galleries to more formal lectures, innovative thinkers and makers discuss contemporary art and ideas. . Free with museum admission. Upcoming talks here.
Docent-led tour every Tuesday 1- 1:45pm; 2pm-2:45pm
Docents give 45-minute tours of the museum’s exhibitions on most days of the week. Tour groups meet at the second-floor admissions desk. Groups of 10 or more should schedule a private tour instead, at least two weeks in advance. Please call 312-280-2660 for more information.
Tuesdays on the Terrace (summer only)
Join Tuesdays on the Terrace, featuring free, live jazz concerts on the MCA’s terrace. The weekly event features an array of Chicago’s jazz musicians.
- Bring a blanket or rent an MCA lawn chair ($5 each) to relax on the garden lawn.
- Dining options on Tuesdays include seasonal offerings on the upper terrace and more casual offerings in the garden.
- Both locations include a full bar with cold beverages, wine, and cocktails.
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed at this event.
- Tables are available on the upper terrace on a first-come basis and there is no table service.
- You can reserve a table at the MCA’s restaurant, Marisol, on the first floor however, music will not be audible from this location.
Weekly on Tuesday @ 10:00 am-9:00 pm (starting January 20, 2015)
Chicago, IL 60611