Free Yule Logs Christmas Day. If you’re fireplace-challenged enjoy a free Yule Log on your TV from the following channels. Set your DVR, make yourself some Irish coffee when you wake up and watch a soothing Yule Log. Happy Holidays!
WGN Channel 9: December 25, 2019, 1:30AM-6:00AM: A burning Yule Log hearth with holiday music. Also streamed live on WGNTV.com and the WGN-TV Live app.).
Antenna TV (find your channel): December 25, 2019 , 4am-9am features a crackling fireplace and soothing Christmas music.
How To Make Irish Coffee (from the Kitchn)
I use half the sugar and can’t be bothered to make the mixer dirty so I just skip the whipped cream. If you have Bailey’s laying around skip all steps and just add Bailey’s to your coffee!
What You Need – Makes 1 drink
Ingredients and equipment
- 6 ounces hot, freshly brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 ounces Irish whiskey (I prefer Tullamore Dew but Jameson’s is great also).
- Freshly whipped cream (see Recipe Notes)
- Heatproof glass or mug
- Preheat your mug, then fill with coffee: Pour hot water into a mug or heatproof glass. Pour out the water. This will also prevent your glass from cracking. Fill the mug about 3/4 full with the coffee.
- Add sweetener: Add the granulated and brown sugars and stir until fully dissolved.
- Add Irish whiskey: Add the whiskey and stir to incorporate.
- Top with whipped cream: If using lightly whipped cream, pour it slowly over a warm spoon onto the coffee, being careful not to break the coffee’s surface. This takes some practice. A more foolproof way to not break the surface is to whip the cream a bit more and dollop it gently on top. If you want to pile the cream high, you’ll need to whip it to medium-stiff peaks. Drink while hot!
Bailey’s and coffee
If you have Bailey’s laying around skip all steps above and just add Bailey’s to hot coffee!