How to get a Chicago Public Library Ecard.
I’m a huge user of the Chicago Public Library both online for magazines, newspapers, ebooks and streaming movies and tv and also for actual books, CD’s and DVD’s. I rarely go to the library and pull materials instead I reserve it online and pick it up from my branch.
Who is eligible for an ecard
Unfortunately only new users of the Chicago Public Library are eligible for an ecard. Ecards provide access to ebooks and online services however if you don’t plan on ever going into the Library this can work for you. It’s free so why not apply for an eCard. If you already have a library card use that card for online services.
Services available with an ecard:
- check out eBooks, audiobooks and more:
- use online resources such as Brainfuse, Morningstar, Mango Languages and the Chicago Tribune Historical Archive
- place holds on materials you want to check out
Services not available with an ecard:
You must convert your eCard to a card with full borrowing privileges to:
- check out physical materials
- request an interlibrary loan
- reserve a computer
You can convert your eCard at any CPL location. Current, valid ID with name, photo and Chicago address is required.