Free Genealogy Group Near North Library
When: Monday, February 25, 2019 (6:30PM – 7:30PM)
Where: Near North Library: 310 W. Division Street,
Find help with your genealogy questions to move your research forward. We’re looking to create a community of genealogy buffs, in a casual setting, whose experiences can benefit each other. Please bring a laptop if you have one.
Other periodic genealogy workshops
Free genealogy class Newberry Library
Free genealogy workshop Harold Washington Library
About the Near North Library
- Near North Branch was dedicated August 6, 1997, replacing a temporary reading room in Seward Park.
- Near North Branch originally opened October 12, 1972 in two combined apartments at 1157 N. Cleveland Avenue as a study center for residents of theCabrini Green Housing Projects.
- a painting entitled “Two Children: Boy and Girl” by William Gettings
- Near North Branch also features artwork funded through the Percent for Art Ordinance administered by the City of Chicago Public Art Program:
- a mixed media collage entitled “Scott Street at Cabrini Green” by Mat Barber Kennedy
- a series of paintings entitled “Illinois Writers” by Steve Musgrave
- a painting entitled “Key Bearer U” by Jane Williams Ferris