Limited free masks available for 42nd Ward residents. If you aren’t a 42nd Ward resident check with your Alderman. Find your Alderman.
Illinois Resident Mask Requirements
Illinois residents are required to wear face coverings in public where six feet of distance between individuals cannot be maintained, like in stores. For residents who have homemade, cloth face coverings, please ensure your mask does the following:
- fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- be secured with ties or ear loops
- include multiple layers of fabric
- allow for breathing without restriction
- be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape