Lincoln Square Free Summer Concerts
When: Every Thursday June 6-August 29, 2019, 6:30 to 9:00pm. (weather permitting)
Where: Giddings Plaza, 4733 N. Lincoln Ave
The Lincoln Square Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce is hosting a free summer concert series.
Schedule and bands (Bands subject to change):
06 The Flat Cats
Swinging Jazz and Blues, Contemporary Classics
13 the StingRays
50s, 60s, 70s Rock N Roll
20 Los Perros Cubanos
Latin Dance, Cubano Fusion
27 The Friends Band
Variety of Genres
04 No Concert
(Independence Day Holiday)
11 Tijuana Hercules
25 Jonas Friddle
01 Elle Casazza Band
08 The High Hat Second Line
New Orleans Jazz
15 David Gerald
22 Saturday June Band
Rock N Roll
29 The Business Casuals
Rock, Pop, Motown
About Lincoln Square
According to the Lincoln Square Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce:
Chicago’s Lincoln Square neighborhood consists of the area bordered by Foster Avenue to Montrose Avenue, Damen Avenue to the Chicago River. It’s easy to access our great businesses by the CTA Brown Line, multiple CTA bus lines or by the Metra Union Pacific North line. Lincoln Square also offers metered street parking throughout its commercial districts, in addition to several public parking lots. Ample parks, bike lanes and public squares make our neighborhood friendly to both pedestrians and bicyclists, too.
Within in the Lincoln Square neighborhood is a small area that is the actual “Square” the focus of which is Giddings Plaza and Giddings Fountain. The square is comprised of two streets of unique and quaint shops. According to the Public Building Commission Giddings Fountain was constructed as part of the 1999 Chicago Fountains Program.
Things to do in Lincoln Square (the actual square):
- Pick up some house made fresh sausages and check out the rooftop bar at Gene’s Sausage Shop 4750 N. Lincoln. (773) 728-7243. Cash only.
- The Chopping Block sells high quality cookware and offers cooking classes. 4747 N Lincoln Ave, (773) 472-6700
- Timeless Toys: a real toy store! 4749 N Lincoln Ave, (773) 334-4445.
- If you’re “sausaged out” Cafe Selmarie serve delicious cafe food. 4729 N Lincoln Ave, (773) 989-5595.
- The Book Cellar: a real bookstore! 4736 N Lincoln Ave, (773) 293-2665
- Old-timey alpine German bar. Huettenbar 4721 N Lincoln Ave, (773) 561-2507.
- Chicago Brauhaus 4732 N. Lincoln Ave. (773) 784-4444. Good German food.
- Check out the flagship Merz Apothacary at for all you lotion and potion needs. 4716 N. Lincoln
- Paciugo for mad-on-site gelato. 2324 West Giddings, (773) 989-1926.
Weekly on Thursday @ 6:30 pm-9:00 pm (June 6, 2019 - August 29, 2019)