Lurie Garden open
On Monday, June 15 the Lurie Garden reopened
The garden has been partially opened to the public. Only the outer walkways of the garden are accessible at this time. The Lurie Garden is part of Millennium Park and is governed by the Park’s rules.
Always check before heading out as situations can change.
Before you visit the garden, please check back here and on our Facebook page that will show you the open areas and how to access the garden.
Patrons are required to follow social distancing rules and are required to wear a face covering at all times in the parks as well as follow all other other City of Chicago Covid-19 health and safety guidelines.
Accessing the Lurie Garden
Millennium Park has reopened with entrance and exit at secured locations with capacity limits (see below). The park is open daily, 8am to 9pm, for groups of 10 persons or less who practice physical distancing and wear face coverings. The public restrooms at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion are closed and a limited number of port-a-loos and handwashing stations have been added at Chase Promenade North.
To receive all the latest news on deals, discounts and free events in Chicago, sign up for the daily Chicago on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow me on Instagram where I post additional deals and info in real time and Facebook. Cheers!
Entrance and Exit locations and capacity restrictions
The only open entrance to Millennium Park is at Michigan Ave. and Madison St. The only open exit is at Michigan Ave. and Washington St. Both the entrance and exit have accessible ramps. The entrance and exit will be staffed to ensure one-way park access, monitor capacity and reinforce physical distancing and mask wearing.
If capacity is reached within the Park, entrances will temporarily close. Guests will be asked to wait in physically-distanced lines for entry into the park.
How to get to the Lurie Garden
Follow the orange “path” once you enter Millennium Park. The only open gate to the garden is in the north-east corner of the garden.
Social distancing in the garden
Right now the Lurie Garden is asking people to keep to their right as they walk the garden when possible. Refer to the map below for where you can enter the park and the garden – the orange areas are where visitors are welcome in the park at this time. There will be staff circulating around the park and garden reminding people about social distancing and the importance of keeping their masks on if needed.
Since access to the public restrooms at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion is closed, a limited number of port-a-loos and handwashing stations have been added at Chase Promenade North. Hand sanitizing stations have also been added at the Chase Promenades.
In order to maintain our garden’s health, beauty, and peacefulness we ask all visitors to enjoy this shared space while following these rules:
- Enjoy walks on the public pathways only. Please don’t step or walk in the garden beds.
- Please do not pick any flowers or dig in the garden.
- We invite you to sit and relax! Please do not climb or stand on the stone walls or stand in the water.
- Drone flying in the garden is not permitted. As of July 1, 2019, all professional photographers must obtain a permit from Millennium Park.
- Please abstain from smoking/vaping in the garden as the smoke/smell may disturb others.
- Please walk your bike in the garden and refrain from rollerblading and skateboarding in the park.
- No loud noise or music playing in the garden.
- Soliciting will not be permitted in the garden
- Please do not bring glassware into the garden.
- Service animals only are welcome, please do not bring dogs or other pets into the garden.