Maximize Q4 2019 Chase Freedom 5% Cash Back . If you have a regular Chase Freedom credit card (not Freedom Unlimited) you may be aware of the 5% cash back quarterly bonus for spending up to $1,500 in specific categories each quarter. Q4 October 1-December 31, 2019 categories are: Department Stores, Paypal and Chase Pay.
Register now and read all the Terms and Conditions
You must register to get the 5% cash back. Register here. All of the information below is subject to change without notice. Check the websites for all participating retailers.
How to max out Q4 bonus/$75 of free money
This may be a slam dunk quarter. With the holidays coming up it may be easy to max out with stocking up on gifts and gift cards from department stores. Chase Pay has limited options including Best Buy, Walmart.com, Starbucks and more here. Paypal has more options here. FAQ.
Department Stores: In addition to buying gifts, and if you have the cash, you may consider stocking up on department store gift cards where you regularly shop throughout the year. List of department store
Get a Chase Freedom card and $200 bonus
If you don’t currently have the Chase Freedom apply now and you’ll earn a $200 bonus after spending $500 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening. This card has no annual fee but does charge 3% foreign transaction fees. I generally max out at least two quarterly 5% cash back bonuses annually. Apply here using my referral link. Earn $200 after spending $500 on the card. Thank you in advance.
Summary to maximize the 5% cash back
- If you don’t have a Freedom Apply here using my referral link
- Activate 5% cash back on your Freedom card here. You have until December 14 to activate. You’ll earn points back to October 1.
- Use your Chase Freedom card to make all Department Stores, Paypal and Chase Pay purchases.
- Make a list of third party gift cards in order to get 5%. cash back on the full $1,500. No need to rush out immediately. You have until December 31 to take advantage of this offer.
- If ordering online I would order a couple weeks early. If your merchandise ships and is charged to your credit card after December 31 you won’t get the 5% cash back.