Navy Pier reopening April 30. Navy Pier will reopen in phases beginning April 30. Many restaurants at Navy Pier already had large outdoor patios. Also Navy Pier booze rules allow you to walk around with your cocktail and social distance. People who purchase an alcoholic beverage from a licensed vendor at Navy Pier are allowed to carry that drink throughout the Pier’s indoor and outdoor areas in specially marked, disposable cups provided by the vendor. No BYOB allowed anywhere on the Pier.
Where: Navy Pier, 600 E. Grand Avenue
When: Sunday-Thursday: from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday & Saturday: from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. These may vary per establishment.
There will be a ten minute fireworks show every Saturday in May at 9:00PM.
Lots of walking
Keep in mind that the pier is 6 blocks from the front of the pier to the end out in the lake. They used to offer a van shuttle and a large open air golf cart shuttle but there is no indication they are running.
Guests must bring and wear a face mask at all times while visiting Navy Pier and try to maintain six feet of distance between individuals who are not from the same party. Guests should also wash hands regularly and/or utilize the 100+ hand sanitizer dispensers available throughout the Pier. Those who are sick, have COVID-19 symptoms or diagnosis, or have been exposed to someone with symptoms or diagnosis should stay home or seek medical attention.
Navy Pier reopening April 30 – What is reopening
The food court including the McDonald’s are not reopening on April 30. That will happen in the next phase sometime in May. So if you have kids you may want to bring your own food and beverages.
- All Navy Pier restaurant links
- Billy Goat Tavern Open
- Giordano’s Open
- Harry Caray’s Tavern Open 4/30/21
- Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Bar and Grill – Chicago Open 4/30/21
- Lirica (This is in the new Sable at Navy Pier Hilton hotel) Open
- Offshore Rooftop and Bar Open
- Navy Pier parking garages (adjusted to a $29 flat rate)
- Sable at Navy Pier (This is the new Hilton hotel)
- Polk Bros Park
- Peoples Energy Welcome Pavilion
- North and South Dock
- Select cruises and tour boats
- Navy Pier East End Plaza
- Centennial Wheel
- Pepsi Wave Swinger
- Maze currently closed – Maze Visit & Games for 2 or 4 People at Amazing Chicago’s Funhouse Maze (Up to 33% Off). Four Options Available.