Navy Pier reopening June 10.
Part of Navy Pier are reopening. According to their website everything will be outdoors. Many restaurants at Navy Pier already had large outdoor patios. Also Navy Pier booze rules allow you to walk around with your cocktail and social distance. People who purchase an alcoholic beverage from a licensed vendor at Navy Pier are allowed to carry that drink throughout the Pier’s indoor and outdoor areas in specially marked, disposable cups provided by the vendor. No BYOB allowed anywhere on the Pier.
Hours of operation will be from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and may vary per establishment.
Lots of walking
Keep in mind that the pier is 6 blocks from the front of the pier to the end out in the lake. They used to offer van shuttle and a large open air golf cart shuttle but there is no indication they are running.
We are implementing strict physical-distancing measures, limiting the number of guests in confined spaces at a given time, and enforcing strict guidelines for face masks and temperature screenings of Navy Pier employees. Guest Experience staff are required to wear face masks and gloves at all times.
The following is opening with Outdoors access only. I’ve indicated which locations already had outdoor patios. All patios are on the south side of the Pier unless indicated. Map
- Navy Pier parking garages (free access) Link to touchless parking .pdf
- Polk Bros Park
- Peoples Energy Welcome Pavilion (Has restrooms).
- North and South Dock
- Select outdoor restaurant spaces, kiosks and retailers. All restaurants are on the south side of the pier.
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Patio at front of pier.
- Harry Caray’s Tavern Patio on side toward front of pier.
- McDonald’s Patio on side toward front of pier.
- Margaritaville Chicago Patio toward front of pier. In the back they can open their windows so they may have seating there also.
- Tiny Tavern Middle pier. Located in inner side of corridor. Maybe they’re creating a patio for them.
- Starbucks Located inside pier. Maybe they moved or have a pop-up somewhere outside or on the outer perimeter of pier.
- Chicago Sports & Novelty Store Located inside pier. Maybe they moved or have a pop-up somewhere outside or on the outer perimeter of pier.
- Municipal Store Located inside pier. Maybe they moved or have a pop-up somewhere outside or on outer perimeter of pier.
- Select tour boats These may not be running per Chicago Tribune.
- Navy Pier East End Plaza Very end of the Pier.
- Select free programs