Donate to Near North Library Book Sale
When: Book Sale is Saturday, December 14, 2019 10:00AM – 4:00PM
Where: Near North Library, 310 W. Division Street,
The sale is sponsored by the Near North Library Friends Association. This sale includes publicly donated items. Like all book sales please bring your own bags as well as money in small denominations. Electronic Devices are not allowed. Items include: Books, DVDs, CDs, and Audio Books on CD.
Please donate materials! We’ll take gently-used Books, DVDs, Music CDs, and CD Audiobooks. Please bring donations in bags and leave with the library staff. Donation receipts are available upon request.
No VHS Tapes
No Reference Books
About the Near North Library
- Near North Branch was dedicated August 6, 1997, replacing a temporary reading room in Seward Park.
- Near North Branch originally opened October 12, 1972 in two combined apartments at 1157 N. Cleveland Avenue as a study center for residents of the Cabrini Green Housing Projects.
- a painting entitled “Two Children: Boy and Girl” by William Gettings
- Near North Branch also features artwork funded through the Percent for Art Ordinance administered by the City of Chicago Public Art Program:
- a mixed media collage entitled “Scott Street at Cabrini Green” by Mat Barber Kennedy
- a series of paintings entitled “Illinois Writers” by Steve Musgrave
- a painting entitled “Key Bearer U” by Jane Williams Ferris