Near North Library: Free movie screening.
Where: Near North Library: 310 W. Division Street,
Film Screening: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword Saturday, September 30, 2017 (2:00PM – 4:15PM)
Robbed of his birthright, Arthur comes up the hard way in the back alleys of the city. Once he pulls the sword from the stone, he is forced to acknowledge his true legacy, whether he likes it or not. © Warner Bros. – 126 minutes – Rated PG-13
About the Near North Library
- Near North Branch was dedicated August 6, 1997, replacing a temporary reading room in Seward Park.
- Near North Branch originally opened October 12, 1972 in two combined apartments at 1157 N. Cleveland Avenue as a study center for residents of theCabrini Green Housing Projects.
- a painting entitled “Two Children: Boy and Girl” by William Gettings
- Near North Branch also features artwork funded through the Percent for Art Ordinance administered by the City of Chicago Public Art Program:
- a mixed media collage entitled “Scott Street at Cabrini Green” by Mat Barber Kennedy
- a series of paintings entitled “Illinois Writers” by Steve Musgrave
- a painting entitled “Key Bearer U” by Jane Williams Ferris