Near North Library Free movie screening.
Where: Near North Library: 310 W. Division Street,
Film Screening: Black Panther Saturday, July 21, 2018 (2:00PM – 4:15PM)
King T’Challa returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda to serve as new leader. However, T’Challa soon finds that he is challenged for the throne from divisions within his own country. When two enemies conspire to destroy Wakanda, the hero known as Black Panther must join forces with C.I.A. agent Everett K. Ross and members of the Wakandan Special Forces, to prevent Wakanda from being drawn into a world war.
© Walt Disney Pictures -135 minutes – Rated PG-13
Film Screening: Summer Stock (1950) Saturday, August 11, 2018 (2:00PM – 3:45PM)
Romance blooms during the summer in New England when Jane Falbury’s sister shows up with a theatrical troupe and convinces her to let them stage a musical in the barn. © Warner Bros. – 109 minutes – Not Rated
Film Screening: The Good Dinosaur (2015) Saturday, August 18, 2018 (2:00PM – 3:45PM)
What if the asteroid that forever changed life on Earth missed and giant dinosaurs never became extinct? In this epic journey into the world of dinosaurs, an Apatosaurus named Arlo makes an unlikely human friend. While traveling through a harsh and mysterious landscape, Arlo learns the power of confronting his fears and discovers what he is truly capable of. © Walt Disney Pictures – 100 minutes – Rated PG
About the Near North Library
- Near North Branch was dedicated August 6, 1997, replacing a temporary reading room in Seward Park.
- Near North Branch originally opened October 12, 1972 in two combined apartments at 1157 N. Cleveland Avenue as a study center for residents of theCabrini Green Housing Projects.
- a painting entitled “Two Children: Boy and Girl” by William Gettings
- Near North Branch also features artwork funded through the Percent for Art Ordinance administered by the City of Chicago Public Art Program:
- a mixed media collage entitled “Scott Street at Cabrini Green” by Mat Barber Kennedy
- a series of paintings entitled “Illinois Writers” by Steve Musgrave
- a painting entitled “Key Bearer U” by Jane Williams Ferris