Free movie screening Near North Library
Where: Near North Library: 310 W. Division Street,
Film Screening: Bernie the Dolphin (2018) Saturday, May 25, 2019 (2:00PM – 3:45PM)
A brother and sister befriend a badly sunburned dolphin that has been separated from its family, uncovering a secret plan that could destroy the beach, and their new friend’s home.
About the Near North Library
- Near North Branch was dedicated August 6, 1997, replacing a temporary reading room in Seward Park.
- Near North Branch originally opened October 12, 1972 in two combined apartments at 1157 N. Cleveland Avenue as a study center for residents of theCabrini Green Housing Projects.
- a painting entitled “Two Children: Boy and Girl” by William Gettings
- Near North Branch also features artwork funded through the Percent for Art Ordinance administered by the City of Chicago Public Art Program:
- a mixed media collage entitled “Scott Street at Cabrini Green” by Mat Barber Kennedy
- a series of paintings entitled “Illinois Writers” by Steve Musgrave
- a painting entitled “Key Bearer U” by Jane Williams Ferris