Near North Library Free movie screening.
Where: Near North Library: 310 W. Division Street,
Film Screening: Bound For Glory Saturday, April 14, 2018 (2:00PM – 4:00PM)
In Bound for Glory we ramble with Woody Guthrie, America’s great folk balladeer and poet, on his travels across America and thrill as his buoyant spirit battles the social injustice surrounding him with quiet strength and soul-rousing music.
About the Near North Library
- Near North Branch was dedicated August 6, 1997, replacing a temporary reading room in Seward Park.
- Near North Branch originally opened October 12, 1972 in two combined apartments at 1157 N. Cleveland Avenue as a study center for residents of theCabrini Green Housing Projects.
- a painting entitled “Two Children: Boy and Girl” by William Gettings
- Near North Branch also features artwork funded through the Percent for Art Ordinance administered by the City of Chicago Public Art Program:
- a mixed media collage entitled “Scott Street at Cabrini Green” by Mat Barber Kennedy
- a series of paintings entitled “Illinois Writers” by Steve Musgrave
- a painting entitled “Key Bearer U” by Jane Williams Ferris