Near North Library Free movie screening.
Where: Near North Library: 310 W. Division Street,
Film Screening: A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001) Saturday, February 2, 2019 (2:00PM – 3:30PM)
Visions of a future full of astonishing android technology. David, an advanced android, embarks on an extraordinary adventure to discover the secret of his own identity. Believing in the story of Pinocchio, David dreams of becoming a real boy. © Warner Bros. Rated PG-13 – 145 minutes.
Film Screening: Frankenstein (1931) Saturday, March 2, 2019 (2:00PM – 3:15PM)
A scientist creates a terrifying yet strangely sympathetic monster. © Universal Pictures Not Rated -71 minutes.
About the Near North Library
- Near North Branch was dedicated August 6, 1997, replacing a temporary reading room in Seward Park.
- Near North Branch originally opened October 12, 1972 in two combined apartments at 1157 N. Cleveland Avenue as a study center for residents of theCabrini Green Housing Projects.
- a painting entitled “Two Children: Boy and Girl” by William Gettings
- Near North Branch also features artwork funded through the Percent for Art Ordinance administered by the City of Chicago Public Art Program:
- a mixed media collage entitled “Scott Street at Cabrini Green” by Mat Barber Kennedy
- a series of paintings entitled “Illinois Writers” by Steve Musgrave
- a painting entitled “Key Bearer U” by Jane Williams Ferris