Free movie screening Near North Library
Where: Near North Library: 310 W. Division Street,
Documentary Screening: Tab Hunter Confidential Saturday, June 15, 2019 (2:00PM – 3:30PM)
Tab Hunter himself shares first-hand what it was like to be a star during the Golden Age of Hollywood, and the consequences of being someone totally different from his studio manufactured image. Includes interviews with John Waters, Clint Eastwood, George Takei, Debbie Reynolds and dozens more.
Film Screening: Sherlock Gnomes (2018) Saturday, June 22, 2019 (2:00PM – 3:30PM)
When garden décor starts going missing, Gnomeo and Juliet ask Sherlock Gnomes to take the case. This colorful crew of lawn ornaments must traverse London to save their fellow decorations from being smashed. Starring: James McAvoy, Emily Blunt, Johnny Depp, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Maggie Smith. © Paramount Pictures – 86 minutes – Rated PG
Film Screening: The Bad News Bears (1976) Saturday, June 29, 2019 (2:00PM – 3:45PM)
An ex-minor leaguer takes on an inept sandlot team, and has to bring in a couple of ringers to get them out of a slump. Starring: Walter Matthau, Tatum O’Neal, Vic Morrow, Joyce Van Patten, Ben Piazza © Paramount Pictures – 102 minutes – Rated PG
About the Near North Library
- Near North Branch was dedicated August 6, 1997, replacing a temporary reading room in Seward Park.
- Near North Branch originally opened October 12, 1972 in two combined apartments at 1157 N. Cleveland Avenue as a study center for residents of theCabrini Green Housing Projects.
- a painting entitled “Two Children: Boy and Girl” by William Gettings
- Near North Branch also features artwork funded through the Percent for Art Ordinance administered by the City of Chicago Public Art Program:
- a mixed media collage entitled “Scott Street at Cabrini Green” by Mat Barber Kennedy
- a series of paintings entitled “Illinois Writers” by Steve Musgrave
- a painting entitled “Key Bearer U” by Jane Williams Ferris