Recycle your old refrigerator for cash. It’s back: ComEd is again picking up old refrigerators and freezers and will give you cash back. Read about all other ComEd rebates here.
Fridge & Freezer Recycling
Old refrigerators and freezers can consume as much as four times more energy than newer models and could be costing you up to $150 a year in electricity.
Schedule Your FREE Pickup here or call 855-433-2700 during these hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday and 8:00 am – 4:00 pm Saturday.
ComEd will pick up your old, working fridge or freezer for FREE, recycle it in an environmentally responsible way, plus send you $50.
- FREE pickup.
- $50 for each working refrigerator and freezer (limit 2).
- Dismantling, recycling and disposal of all parts in an environmentally responsible way to reduce the amount of landfill waste.
- FREE pickup plus an additional $10 for a working room air conditioner when you schedule a refrigerator or freezer pickup.
- Offer is available to ComEd residential delivery service customers only.
- Customer must own the unit(s) being recycled and the unit(s) must be located at the address with the qualifying account.
- Refrigerator or freezer must be between 10 and 30 cubic feet (interior) in size, empty, defrosted and working at the time of pickup.
- Unit(s) must be accessible with a clear and safe path for removal.
- The removal team will not risk injury, remove personal effects or modify your home (e.g. remove doors or railings) to remove the unit(s).
For more information, view the FAQ.