Save money with Big Lots.
Big Lots started out selling odd lots and close outs, that is merchandise that traditional retailers couldn’t sell similar to TJ Maxx, Marshall’s, Ross and Homegoods. Now Big Lots sells brand-name item. all at a discount.
Good deals on food items
l love Big Lots but shopping there is a hit or miss proposition – that is you’ll never know what you’ll find. I generally head straight for the food aisles when I shop there. I always shopped there with a coupon. Mpre on that below. They have Bob’s Redmill and Arrowhead Mills products at a substantial discounts. I’ve also gotten great deals on tea and wafer cookies. Their prices are similar to Walmart but with an additional discount using coupons. As always you need to know prices to make sure you’re getting a good deal.
Save money at Big Lots – Shop in-store or free shipping $59+
When I had a car I would hit the Niles store whenever I was in the northern suburbs. Now that I’m car-less no stores in IL are easily accessible so I always try to hit one when I travel – if there’s one nearby. I’ve actually flown home with bags of Bob’s Redmill soup mixes, flax and chia seeds. They offer free shipping on orders of $59+ after all discounts and before tax. So you’ll have add $75 to your cart less $15 (a 20% discount coupon) = $60 for free shipping. I can never find enough to order online.
Save money with Big Lots
- Join Big Rewards. Membership is free. Join here. Benefits include:
- Earn a $5 reward for every 3 purchases (No minimum purchase to use the $5 reward).
- 20% off entire purchase during member-only Friends & Family VIP shopping days,
- money saving coupons (I’ve gotten $10 off coupons which I’ve applied to a $10 purchase and just paid tax),
- a 15% off birthday reward, and more.
- When I opened the app on 5/7/21 it looks like they are offering 15% off your first purchase the day you join. YMMV.
- Wait for a 20% off entire purchase sale such as Friends and Family sale. Or other 20% off sales such as here. Friends and Family sales are usually in January, April, July & October.
- Shop the clearance racks in-store and the clearance section online under “Deals” and “Clearance”.
- Shop the weekly ad and deals also under “Deals”
- Buy all your seasonal items there. Someone I know buys all their holiday items in the post season sales (stocking up for next year) at 75%+ off.
- Download the app and check online prices before heading to the store because Big Lots matches online prices to in-store prices.
- Enjoy your savings!
Sign up for Big Lots Rewards
When I opened the app on 5/7/21 it looks like they are offering 15% off your first purchase the day you join. YMMV.
1971 W Galena Blvd Aurora, Illinois 60506 (630) 892-8756
111 S Weber Rd Bolingbrook, Illinois 60490 (630) 771-0157
8148 S Cicero Ave Burbank, Illinois 60459 (708) 581-6208
1699 River Oaks Dr Calumet City, Illinois 60409 (708) 868-4743
4628 W Diversey Ave Chicago, Illinois 60639 (773) 283-3241
204 S. Randall Rd. Elgin, Illinois 60123 (847) 695-3454
10205 Grand Ave., Franklin Park, IL 60131, (847) 288-0168
3055 183rd St Homewood, Illinois 60430 (708) 798-9511
340 Summit Drive Lockport, Illinois 60441 (815) 838-0087
7215 West Dempster Street, Niles, IL 60714. (847) 966-2709
17W714 West 22nd Street, Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181, (630) 261-9424
400 W Rollins Rd Round Lake Beach, Illinois 60073 (847) 740-0183
480 Georgetown Sq Wood Dale, Illinois 60191 (630) 595-5469
3201 E Lincoln Hwy Merrillville, Indiana 46410 (219) 649-7119
4110 Franklin St Michigan City, Indiana 46360 (219) 221-4091
5960 Us Highway 6 Portage, Indiana 46368 (219) 762-3119
707 Us Highway 41 Schererville, Indiana 46375 (219) 865-2470