Get $10 free with Ibotta and save money shopping. I’ve been using Ibotta for several months now and it’s become an integral part of my shopping routine. Now before I shop anywhere I check Ibotta for rebates and when I get done shopping I submit my receipt to Ibotta before I leave the store. It takes about 5 seconds. In May I got $48.50 in rebates. Most months I get $10-$15 buying things I would have bought anyway. YMMV.
What is Ibotta
Ibotta is an app based rebate program that allows you to save money on everyday purchases, like groceries. In-store savings are available at Costco, CVS, Mariano’s, Target, Walgreens, Walmart, Whole Foods, and many other stores. You can also stack the rebates with coupons, sales, and other money saving methods. There are also many stores that offer online shopping rebate opportunities.
Follow these steps for your $10 free
- Sign up for Ibotta using my link or code kjbvfmb (Thank you in advance)
- Log into the app on a unique mobile device (not previously registered to another Ibotta account).
- Redeem their first offer (excluding “Any Brand” and “Any Item” offers).
- Get $10 free.
Here’s how I use it in-store
In a nutshell you go through the app by store before you go to the store and select offers, go shopping and redeem. It works beautifully and the rewards hit my account within 48 hours. Once you’ve signed up look for an easy offer except “Any item” or “Any brand” to try it out. Once you sign up you will get a referral link that you can share with your friends and family and you will earn your sign up bonus.
Step-by-step. It’s really easy.
1. I go through the app and select offers for things I need at each store. I do this as part of my weekly shopping. I read all the details for each offer because the rebate requirements can be very specific such as product size, flavors, etc. I also check for bonuses under “Account” and “Bonuses” for ways to earn additional cash back.
3. I go shopping. If you’re not sure if the item in-store meets the rebate requirements you you can select the offer, scroll down to the bottom and hit “Check product bar code” and scan the bar code to see if it’s a match. You’ll get a blasting beep if it’s a match.
4. To redeem you go into the app., hit redeem, select the store where you shopped, take a photo of the receipt and submit. The key is to redeem immediately or you’ll forget about it or toss the receipt. When I checkout at the store I walk to the side and submit my rebate while still in the store. It takes about 5 seconds. Most rebates are received within 48 hours.
5. Once your account hits $20 you can request that they will send the money to your Paypal or Venmo account. Or you can cash out for gift cards such as Amazon, Target, Walmart, Whole Foods and more.
Stacking for more savings
I recently made a purchase at Target where I stacked a Cartwheel offer, a manufacturers coupon, plus an Ibotta rebate reducing the price from $3.50 to 94 cents. Cha-ching!
Use the same offer multiple times
Some offers may be redeemed multiple times per receipt. So if you purchase three of the same item in one purchase and submit one receipt you will receive three rebates. It has to clearly state in Ibotta that the rebate can be used multiple times in the details of the offer.
Save money online
There are other retailers, such as Bed Bath & Beyond, Best Buy, Macy’s, Postmates, World Market, etc. that require you to shop online through the Ibotta app for rebates and work similar to an online shopping portal. I haven’t tried this yet.
Generally every week multiple items on Ibotta are also on sale so stacking those really saves money. The app is really easy to use and works right. Try it out for $10 and share with friends and family so you can earn additional bonuses! Happy shopping!