Save Money with Target Circle. Target Circle is the new name for Target Cartwheel. The only difference is that Target Circle offers 1% cashback on most purchases.
Every week I look through Circle in the Target app to see if there are any deal(s) for things I need and then when I’m walking by I pop in and shop. I always pay with a 10% off Target gift card which they sell once a year after Thanksgiving. I also look for deals through Ibotta.
What is Target Circle
Target Circle is a coupon app from Target. You can access the coupons, called “offers” that can be applied to in-store purchases as well as orders placed online for in-store Order Pickup only. Circle does not work for online purchases that are shipped.
How to access
Circle is part of the Target mobile app. When you open the Target app, you’ll see “Target Circle offers.” Within Circle I shop by category so I don’t have to search through a ton of junk I would never buy. I sort by “Newest” and “Discount” to search for deals.
Add offers to your Circle
You can add and remove offers as often as you like by clicking on the offers. You’ll know when an offer is in your Circle list when a check mark appears next to it. Offers expire and will automatically be removed from your account.
How to redeem your offers
When you’re ready to make purchases at a Target store you need to use your smart phone to scan the bar code at the register to get your Circle discounts. The barcode is located in “Wallet”.
You can redeem all Circle offers on your list at the time of your transaction. You may also be able to use paper manufacturer coupons. More on that later.
How often can you use Circle
You can use Circle up to six times a day. (Maybe people go to multiple stores when one doesn’t have something they are looking for?!). That said you can only apply a single Circle offer up to four times per transaction. So if you’re buying five of something you will only get the Circle discount on four items. You can split the purchase and buy additional items in a second transaction. In all cases if you plan on buying more than one of an item you should read the terms and conditions on the coupon before you load up your cart.
Circle allows stacking
Stacking is when you apply multiple discounts to one item. You can use one Target coupon, one Circle offer and one manufacturer’s coupon per item you purchase. Here’s how Target applies discounts:
- Target coupons from Circle are applied first. Generally those are the cents or dollars off offers.
- Circle offers are applied next. These are generally the percentage off offers.
- Manufacturer coupons are applied next. You can apply one manufacturer coupon, paper or digital, per product. Circle will not allow you to apply coupons that reduce the cost of an item to below zero.
- If you are using an offer that applies to the whole purchase, a threshold offer, such as “Buy $50 in groceries get $10 bonus gift card” it applies after all other discounts and coupons have been applied.
- If you have one, The Target Red card 5% discount is applied last.
Target’s full coupon policy here.
- Create a target.com account.
- Log in to the Target app and go to Circle and add offers to your account. Check often. Deals are added frequently.
- Bring your smart phone or paper bar code to the store.
- When making your purchase scan Circle first, then any paper coupons, any additional Circle discounts (such as $10 off $50 or more grocery purchase) and pay with a discounted Target gift card or Target Red Card for 5% off.
- Enjoy your savings!