Earn $10 or more Gift Card Dining Out Plus $5 Sign up Bonus. Seated has made some new improvements to their app. Details below.
Improvements to Seated
Seated now accepts reservations for parties of one and up to eight (used to be six) and they’ve made it possible for you to get your bonus by submitting a photo of the detailed receipt through the app. More details below.
What is Seated?
Seated is an app that you use to make reservations at select restaurants. Each restaurants offers a reward of $10-45 per dine that you receive in either Amazon, Starbucks, or Uber egift cards. The amount you receive depends on the the restaurant, day, time and the number of people in your reservation. The minimum party size is
two one and the minimum spend is generally $30 for one and $50 or more for two (before taxes and tip).
I’ve used it multiple times now. I pay the whole bill and around 7AM the next day I get notifications that the reward is in my Seated account. Generally I’m getting $10 off my share of the bill usually around $40 so that’s an amazing discount! Especially since Opentable has devalued. The number of participating restaurants is extremely limited but they keep adding new restaurants so whenever I go out I check Seated first.
2/21/18 update: I’ve noticed that some of the rewards have gotten lower and in fact sometimes the reward for dining alone is greater. For instance one restaurant used to offer a $15 reward for two diners – minimum check $50, now the reward $10/$50 minimum. But if you’re dining alone it’s a $10 reward with a $20 minimum!
Sign up for Seated and enter my promo code CAROL66 (Thank you in advance) and receive an extra $5 reward after your first dine.
No need to register credit cards – submit receipts through the app
Seated has added an awesome feature where you can upload a photo of the detailed receipt through the app in order to earn your reward. So at the end of your meal (I do it before I leave the restaurant) you upload the detailed receipt (not the credit card signature receipt) through the Seated app. I take the paper in case something goes wrong. Also don’t take a picture of the receipt and try to submit it later they want you to take the picture through their app.
This means you don’t have to register your credit card(s) and you can pay with your credit card, someone else in your party can pay, you can split the check or pay with cash or gift cards. I think this is awesome!
Parties of 1-8
Now you can have a party of one (good for lunches) and still get a bonus. Granted it would be a pricey lunch – since the minimums are $25-30 before tax and tip. You’re still getting 25%-30% off. On the other hand it’s expanded to parties of eight. This would be great for work groups (where maybe the boss is paying?). You might get a $45 bonus for a $200 meal plus tax and tip.
Details on how it works (I suggest reading through the FAQ in the app also).
1. Sign up for Seated and enter my promo code CAROL66 (Thank you in advance) and receive an extra $5 reward after your first dine.
2. Choose your reward credit (Uber, Starbucks, or Amazon).
3. Book a reservation. When you make the reservation it will show you the minimum required spend (before tax and tip) and the amount of your dining reward.
4. Link a payment card in the app when you make a reservation. You will have to give them your login info for your bank. They need your account info to confirm that you reached the minimum spend required to get the gift card. OR just pay and submit a photo of the detailed receipt through the Seated app. See “No need to register credit cards – submit receipts through the app” above.
5. If you are using a registered credit card you must pay the whole bill with the registered credit card or other method of payment. No splitting checks. If you are submitting the receipt through the app have multiple payment options See “No need to register credit cards – submit receipts through the app” above.
6. 24-72 hours after your meal a gift card code will appear in the app.
7. Eat and repeat. You can only book the same restaurant two times every 30 days.
8. Enjoy your discount!
Get the discount while you can
I don’t understand what the business model for this is. The restaurant we went to, and had been to many times before, was crowded so I’m not sure why they were paying us to dine. Who knows I plan to take advantage of this as long as it lasts especially since Opentable has devalued.