Earn $10 or more Gift Card Dining Out Plus $5 Sign up Bonus. Seated has made some new improvements to their app. Details below.
Improvements to Seated
Seated now accepts reservations for parties of one and up to eight (used to be six) and they’ve made it possible for you to get your bonus by submitting a photo of the receipt through the app. Plus possibly get an extra $10 bonus this week through January 13 YMMV. More details below.
What is Seated?
Seated is an app that you use to make reservations at select restaurants. Each restaurants offers a reward of $10-45 per dine that you receive in either Amazon, Starbucks, or Uber gift cards. The amount you receive depends on the the restaurant, day, time and the number of people in your reservation. The minimum party size is
two one and the minimum spend is generally $30 for one and $50 for two before taxes and tip.
We did this on a Friday night and got a $15 gift card for a $50 dine (before tax and tip). When we checked in I mentioned we were booked through Seated. I paid the whole bill and around 7AM the next day I got a notification that the $15 reward plus $5 referral bonus was in my Seated account. Cha-ching – $20 free (I split the $15 with my friend). That’s an amazing discount!
Now you can pay or someone else can pay and you still get the bonus
Now you can pay with your card or someone else can pay with their card (you can’t split the bill) and to get the bonus you just submit a photo of the receipt through the app. You should be able to pay with cash and gift cards as well. This means you don’t have to register your credit card(s) if you’re not comfortable with that.
Get $10 extra this week through January 13 YMMV
You can try the promo code RECEIPT for an additional $10 bonus now through January 13. This code may be restricted but it’s worth a try. Go to Me and then Settings in the app to enter the promo code. I would enter it after signing up. It may disappear after Jan 13 but it’s worth a try.
Parties of 1-8
Now you can have a party of one (good for lunches) and still get a bonus. Granted it would be a pricey lunch – since the minimums are $25-30 before tax and tip. You’re still getting 25%-30% off. On the other hand it’s expanded to parties of eight. This would be great for work groups (where maybe the boss is paying?). You might get a $45 bonus for a $200 meal plus tax and tip.
Details on how it works (I suggest reading through the FAQ in the app also).
1. Sign up for Seated and enter my promo code CAROL66 (Thank you in advance) and receive an extra $5 reward after your first dine.
2. Choose your reward credit (Uber, Starbucks, or Amazon).
3. Book a reservation. When you make the reservation it will show you the minimum required spend (before tax and tip) and the amount of your dining reward.
4. Link a payment card in the app when you make a reservation. You will have to give them your login info for your bank. They need your account info to confirm that you reached the minimum spend required to get the gift card. OR just pay and submit the receipt through your smart phone.
5. You must pay the whole bill with the registered credit card or other method of payment. No splitting checks.
6. 24-72 hours after your meal a gift card code will appear in the app.
7. Eat and repeat. You can only book the same restaurant two times every 30 days.
8. Enjoy your discount!
Get the discount while you can
I don’t understand what the business model for this is. The restaurant we went to, and had been to many times before, was crowded so I’m not sure why they were paying us to dine. WHo knows I plan to take advantage of this as long as it lasts especially since Opentable has devalued.