Free Admission Days Shedd Aquarium
The Shedd is offering a fantastic discount deal for Illinois residents – access to many areas of the aquarium for $3.
A $3 transaction fee applies to Illinois Free Day tickets reserved online. Reserve Illinois Resident Free Day tickets online
What you get on free day at the Shedd Aquarium This post explains what you get on Illinois resident free day.
The best advice is to get your tickets for the aquatic show as soon as you enter. The Aquatic Show is the dolphin and whale show in the Oceanarium. These shows get booked up so don’t go back later for tickets because they may all be gone.
Covid Aquarium changes
- Advance tickets required: Get to the aquatic world faster by booking your ticket in advance. Avoid lines and find the dates you are looking for at ease, knowing first-hand when dates are sold out.
- Paused experiences: The Aquatic Presentation is still paused. Visit our frequently asked questions for more details.
- Meet the animals: Stingray Touch and Stingray Feeding are open daily, weather permitting. Sea Star Touch and Sturgeon Touch will gradually resume with limited hours as the animals reacclimate.
- Exhibit experiences: We’ve adjusted our fish IDs to automatically scroll in order to convey information.
- Water fountains: For your safety, water fountains will not be available. Guests may purchase water or use a bottle refilling station.
- Accessibility offerings: Wheelchairs, assistive listening devices, and noise-cancelling headphones will be available on a first come, first-served basis and will be sanitized between each use. Details on Shedd’s accessibility offerings.
- Restaurants: Bubble Net food court and Soundings Café will be open from 10:30 a.m. until 4 p.m. daily. Any food or drink you bring with you or purchase from machines must be consumed in designated areas.
- Re-entry: Unfortunately, we won’t be able to let people back into Shedd once they exit the building.
Free Admission Shedd Aquarium Thursdays in August