Where to drink it up on St. Patrick’s Day in Chicago.
This years parade in on March 17 which is a Saturday so it will be an unholy (no pun intended) cataclysm of morning, day and up all night and no sleeping drinking extravaganza, world of insanity out there. So here’s where to join in! FYI there are minimal deals on St. Patrick’s Day.
I can’t possibly review every bar so here’s a selection that I would consider going to (and have been to) if I weren’t going to be locked inside on the day of the parade. Slainte! 2018 St. Partrick’s Day events March in the Downtown Chicago St. Patrick’s Day parade.
Chicago River adjacent or within staggering distance
- Beacon Tavern, 405 North Wabash Ave., (312) 955-4226. Closed for private party until 4PM. On the river behind the Wrigley Building.
- City Winery, 11 West Riverwalk South (btw State and Dearborn), (312) 229-5593. Open 10AM-5PM March 17. Adult beverages 11AM-5PM.
- Emerald Loop, 216 N. Wabash, (312) 263-0200. Opens 8:00AM March 17. $10 cover. Across the street from the river. .
- Howells and Hood, 435 N. Michigan, (312) 262-5310. March 17 opens 8:00AM. On the river just north of the Apple Store.
- Lizzie McNeill’s, 400 N McClurg Ct, (312) 467-1992, Open March 17 7AM. On the River. Arrive early. Beer tent, Shannon Rovers, more.
- Morton’s, 65 E. Wacker Place (312) 201-0410, Open March 17 9:00AM Two blocks south of river.
- Sweetwater Tavern, 225 N Michigan Ave., (312) 698-7111, Open March 17 9AM. Two blocks south of river.
Parade adjacent or within staggering distance
- Exchequer, 226 S Wabash Ave, (312) 939-5633 Located just north of Jackson on Wabash. Stagger three blocks east on Jackson to parade. Opening March 17 9:30AM
- The Gage 24 S. Michigan, (312) 372-4243. Located at Michigan and Monroe. Located three blocks from parade end. Opening March 17 at 2PM.
- Kitty O’Sheas, Hilton Chicago, 720 S Michigan Ave, (312) 922-4400. Staggering distance of the parade start. Opens March 17 8:00AM.
- Miller’s Pub, 134 S Wabash Ave., (312) 263-4988 Located between Monroe and Adams.
- Corcorans Grill & Pub, 1615 N. Wells St, (312) 440-0885 March 17 open at 9:00AM. Irish music throughout the day, Irish dancers, bagpipers, green beer.
- Declan’s Irish Pub, 1240 N Wells St, (312) 642-5522, Open March 17 8AM.
- Old Town Pour House, 1419 N. Wells St., (312) 477-2800. Open March 17 8AM $25 sold out Kegs and Eggs until 11AM sold out. 11AM open to all.
- Brehon Pub, 731 N Wells St, (312) 642-1071, Open March 17 9:00AM NOT CONFIRMED left message never heard back.
- Fado Irish Pub Chicago, 100 W Grand Ave, (312) 836-0066 March 17 open 7:30AM $10 cover; get $10 gift card to use another day. Irish food, Irish bands all day, beer, etc.
- Harry Caray’s, 33 W. Kinzie, (312) 828-0966. Opens March 17 9AM.
- Kerryman, 661 N Clark St, (312) 335-8121, Open March 17 Tables $30-$300 sold out.
- O’Callaghan’s, 29 W Hubbard St, (312) 527-1180, Open March 17 9AM.
- D4 Irish Pub & Cafe, 345 E Ohio St, (312) 624-8385, Open March 17 8AM $10 cover includes T shirt and swag.