Starbucks Rewards changes effective April 16. Starbucks is revamping it’s rewards program effective April 16. I’m not much of a Starbucks drinker. I reload my card with these deals and I purchase beverages with these deals. I have some accrued stars and may or may not use them up before April 16.
Following are the changes to the program:
No more Gold Status
You still earn two Stars per dollar spent. There’s just one membership level and you can begin redeeming Stars immediately after you have earned 25 stars.
125 points used to get you a free beverage or food item. Effective April 16:
- 25 Stars: Extra espresso shot, dairy substitute or additional flavor
- 50 Stars: Brewed hot coffee, hot tea or select bakery Items
- 150 Stars: Handcrafted drink, hot breakfast or yogurt parfaits
- 200 Stars: Lunch sandwich, protein box or salad
- 400 Stars: Select merchandise or packaged coffee
Star points still expire in six months. Stars earned by Starbucks Rewards Visa Credit and prepaid cards do not expire.
No information if the following is changing or staying the same:
- Free birthday drink or food.
- Free brewed coffee and tea refills.
- Special offers through email and in the Starbucks app.
- Earn Stars when purchasing specially marked Starbucks coffee in your grocery store. Enter the Star code online.
- Member only events and exclusives.