Discount Thanksgiving items through Ibotta. Ibotta is a shopping app. Here’s a guide to how Ibotta works but read the following first.
Ibotta is offering cash back on the following items purchased from Walmart. Only new Ibotta members are eligible for the complete deal. If you’re not a member sign up for Ibotta using my link or code kjbvfmb to be eligible for this deal (I get $10. Thank you in advance).
Existing members will find cash back offers for all the Thanksgiving items (listed below) except the $15 cash back for a turkey in their accounts. In order to get that offer existing Ibotta members will have to get someone to sign up for Ibotta using their referral link.
I find these types of deals annoying. Everyone on the interwebs has published “Free Thanksgiving from Ibotta!!!” but it really may be difficult if not impossible to get this whole deal.
Cashback Thanksgiving items
$15.00 back Turkey (any brand)
$1.96 back Coca-Cola 2 liter only
$0.98 back Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup 10.5 oz only
$1.00 back Birdseye Frozen Vegetables 10 ounces or larger
$1.88 back Idahoan Family Size Mashed Potatoes 8 ounces only
$0.82 back Great Value Flavored Stuffing Mix 6 oz box only
$1.12 back McCormick Gravy Packet .87 oz or .88 oz only
$.67 back on Jiffy Cornbread mix 8.5 oz box only
$1.27 back Great Value Cranberry Jelly 14 oz can only
$2.28 back Great Value French Fried onions 6 oz only
The Big Catch(s)
- Only new Ibotta members are eligible for this whole offer. Sign up for Ibotta using my link or code kjbvfmb .(I get $10. Thank you in advance).
- You must purchase all 10 participating products and complete the Ibotta redemption to get the full cash back amount of $26.99.
- The terms and conditions of the offer are confusing. It sounds like if you don’t purchase all 10 items you get no cash back:
- Terms say “You may purchase any combination of the Qualified Products, including some but not all of the Qualified Products. If you purchase some but not all of the qualified products and your total amount redeemed is less than our $20.00 cash out limit, then these Offer terms do not apply.” Subject to full terms, available here. Huh?
- I went to the Walmart Neighborhood Market on Broadway at Diversey and purchased the Jiffy Cornbread and got the 67 cents back. You can purchase what you find or want from the ten deals and get the cash back. I’m GUESSING the $20 minimum stated above has to do with if you want the $15 back for the turkey. So if you have the turkey offer buy enough of the other 10 items to reach at least $20 cash back to be safe.
- Once you unlock your free Thanksgiving offers, you have seven days to purchase and redeem for cash back. For unlocked offers that display “No Longer Available”, you have three days to purchase and redeem for cash back. COTC note: I already have one item that shows it’s only available for three days.
If your Walmart is out of a specific product(s) and your rebates don’t total at least $20 it sounds like you may not get any rebate. If you don’t live near a full size Walmart (vs. a Walmart Neighborhood Market) you may won’t be able to find all ten items.
- The rebates will be available while supplies last or through Nov. 24. I guarantee you that these offers will disappear rapidly.
- Ibotta is advertising this as “Free Thanksgiving” but turkeys are probably going to be $2 a pound this year so a 20lb turkey is $40. So $15 cash back, while an excellent deal, is not free. The same goes for all the other items.
- Some items cost more ie Campbell’s soup and some cost less ie Jiffy cornbread mix so the deal doesn’t end up being free.
The rebates will be available while supplies last or through Nov. 24. I guarantee you that these offers will disappear from the Ibotta app rapidly.
If you are new to Ibotta, join, add all the offers to your account and run immediately to your Walmart and buy all 10 of these items. Go home and scan in your receipt and you should save $27. Sign up for Ibotta using my link or code kjbvfmb to be eligible for this deal (I get $10. Thank you in advance). I find these offers annoying because they sound generous but are pretty hard to complete. Read all the Terms and conditions here.
Terms & conditions
Offer available while supplies last. Must be 18 years of age or older, and a US resident. Requires purchase of 10 participating products and Ibotta redemption to get full cash back amount of $26.99. Check Ibotta to see if the offers are still available. Redemption must be made within 7 days of purchase. Subject to full terms, available here.