Things to do at Midway Airport. Many years ago on the weekend the CTA Midway line, now known as the Orange Line, opened (1993) we rode the train (for a quarter) out to the airport to check it out. We were aghast to find – nothing really. We ended up in a sad little bar that had a black and white TV with rabbit ears drinking flat Bud-on-tap. How things have changed at Midway!
While there are some free things to do at Midway, like at O’Hare vendors are allowed to set their prices at whatever they like so the cheap eat options are limited. There are some excellent dining options and a couple of things to do while you wait. website As of June 2, 2017 the website it hopelessly out-of-date and still showing vendors that are no longer at the airport. Getting to/from Midway.
Here are the best dining option:
- Home Run Inn, Terminal, Concourse B, Gate B14 Good pizza.
- L’Appetito, Midway Boulevard. Good Italian food.
- Pegasus on the Fly, Midway Boulevard. Greek food.
Things to do:
- Wifi and charging stations Free Access: 30 minutes
- Chapel, Main Terminal, Concourse C.
- Mother’s Room, Main Terminal, Concourse C, Gate C1. Next to yoga room.
- Yoga Room, Main Terminal, Concourse C, Gate C1
- USO Concourse C, to the right after clearing security.
- Art exhibit tour located throughout the terminal (pre- and post-security)
- FlightAware KMDW Flight Tracker Watch flight arrive and depart via radar in real time. This is also an app. I use this app to track my flights and for flight notification when traveling.
- Uber pick up Departures level Door 1