Treasure Island will be having it’s Urban Islander Farmers Markets, with locally grown and produced items, artisanal products, food trucks, craft beers on draft, plus music and kids activities, at its Lincoln Park and Lakeview locations.
Lincoln Park, 2121 N. Clybourn, Wednesdays 3-8PM from TBD.
Other farmers markets:
- Downtown Farmers Markets on Tuesdays and Thursday
- Lincoln Park Green City Market every Wednesday
- Lincoln Park Green City Market every Saturday
- Fulton Market Green City Market every Saturday
- Neighborhood farmers markets every Saturday
- Neighborhood farmers markets on Sunday
- Soho House Green City farmers market 2nd Sunday of the month
Christ Kamberos and his brother opened the first Treasure Island store in 1963 on the north side of Chicago in a bustling, multi-ethnic neighborhood on the lake. Their mission was to provide a supermarket that would combine the conventional with the best of specialty, imported and domestic products at competitive prices. Their quality, selection and service quickly made Treasure Island Foods the shopping destination for people who care about food. It was the revered chef Julia Child who called Treasure Island “the most European supermarket in America”.
Today, Treasure Island Foods remains a hands-on family business with 7 stores in densely populated areas of Chicago and the North Shore suburb of Wilmette. Our product assortments include whatever ingredients your recipes require including a large selection of organic and natural items. Our buyers travel the USA & Europe each year to find the “new things” and the best quality items available.