Attend a free live jazz concert every Tuesday on the Terrace at the MCA.
When: Every Tuesday June 5–September 26, 2018 5:30PM-8:00PM
Where: Museum of Contemporary Art, 220 East Chicago Avenue, 312-280-2660. In case of rain, the event takes place inside the MCA Café. Free Tuesdays at the MCA
Join Tuesdays on the Terrace, featuring free, live jazz concerts on the MCA’s terrace. The weekly event features an array of Chicago’s quintessential jazz musicians and is hosted by Al Carter-Bey, from WDCB 90.9 FM, with Richton Guy Thomas, from WHPK 88.5 FM.
Jun 5: Edwin Daugherty
Jun 12: George Freeman
Jun 19: Bethany Pickens Tribute to Willie Pickens
Jun 26: Alexis Lombre
Jul 3: Dee Alexander
Jul 10: Juli Wood & Caroline Davis
Jul 17: Thaddeus Tukes’s Viibez
Jul 24: Fred Anderson Legacy Band featuring Tatsu Aoki
Jul 31: Katie Ernst with Twin Talk
Aug 7: Mwata Bowden
Aug 14: Charles Heath Quartet
Aug 21: Ernest Dawkins
Aug 28: Ari Brown Tribute to Muhal Richard Abrams
Sep 4: Victor Jesus Garcia
Sep 11: Greg Ward
Sep 18: Maggie Brown
Sep 25: Artifacts with Nicole Mitchell, Tomeka Reid, and Mike Reed
- Bring a blanket or rent an MCA lawn chair ($5 each) to relax on the garden lawn.
- Dining options on Tuesdays include seasonal offerings on the upper terrace and more casual offerings in the garden.
- Both locations include a full bar with cold beverages, wine, and cocktails.
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed at this event.
- Tables are available on the upper terrace on a first-come basis and there is no table service.
- You can reserve a table at the MCA’s restaurant, Marisol, on the first floor however, music will not be audible from this location.