Attend a free live jazz concert every Tuesday on the Terrace at the MCA.
When: Every Tuesday First Tuesday June -last Tuesday September 5:30PM-8:00PM
Where: Museum of Contemporary Art, 220 East Chicago Avenue, 312-280-2660. In case of rain, the event takes place inside the MCA Café. Free Tuesdays at the MCA
Join Tuesdays on the Terrace, featuring free, live jazz concerts on the MCA’s terrace. The weekly event features an array of Chicago’s quintessential jazz musicians and is hosted by Al Carter-Bey, from WDCB 90.9 FM, with Richton Guy Thomas, from WHPK 88.5 FM.
Jun 4: Dee Alexander
Jun 11: Mike Reed with Special Guests
Jun 18: Alexis Lombre
Jun 25: Natalie Lande Trio
Jul 2: Katie Ernst’s Little Words
Jul 9: James Sanders & Conjunto
Jul 16: Joshua Abrams and Chad Taylor
Jul 23: Tatsu Aoki’s The Miyumi Project
Jul 30: Maggie Brown
Aug 6: Victor Garcia Organ Quintet
Aug 13: Carolyn Fitzhugh Quartet
Aug 20: Ben LaMar Gay
Aug 27: Isaiah Collier and the Chosen Few
Sep 3: Art Turk Burton and the Congo Square Ensemble
Sep 10: Julius Tucker Trio
Sep 17: Thaddeus Tukes on the Vibes
Sep 24: Junius Paul
- Bring a blanket or rent an MCA lawn chair ($5 each) to relax on the garden lawn.
- Dining options on Tuesdays include seasonal offerings on the upper terrace and more casual offerings in the garden.
- Both locations include a full bar with cold beverages, wine, and cocktails.
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed at this event.
- Tables are available on the upper terrace on a first-come basis and there is no table service.
- You can reserve a table at the MCA’s restaurant, Marisol, on the first floor however, music will not be audible from this location.
Weekly on Tuesday @ 5:30 pm-8:00 pm (June 4, 2019 - September 24, 2019)