Attend a free live jazz concert every Tuesday on the Terrace at the MCA.
When: Every Tuesday June 13–September 26, 2017 5:30PM-8:00PM
Where: Museum of Contemporary Art, 220 East Chicago Avenue, 312-280-2660. In case of rain, the event takes place inside the MCA Café.
Join Tuesdays on the Terrace, featuring free, live jazz concerts on the MCA’s terrace. The weekly event features an array of Chicago’s quintessential jazz musicians and is hosted by Al Carter-Bey with Richton Guy Thomas, from WHPK 88.5 FM, University of Chicago.
Jun 13: Caroline Davis Quartet
Jun 20: Alexis Lombre Quartet
Jun 27: Maggie Brown
Jul 4: Here in Now
Jul 11: Mwata Bowden, One Foot In and One Foot Out
Jul 18: Jason Stein Trio
Jul 25: Willie Pickens Trio
Aug 1: Dee Alexander
Aug 8: Pharez Whitted
Aug 15: Twin Talk
Aug 22: Xavier Breaker Coalition
Aug 29: Rajiv Halim
Sep 5: Fred Anderson Legacy Project
Sep 12: Ari Brown Quintet
Sep 19: Tatsu Aoki’s The MIYUMI Project
Sep 26: Mikel Patrick Avery PLAY
- Bring a blanket or rent an MCA lawn chair ($5 each) to relax on the garden lawn.
- Due to construction, dining options for Tuesdays on the Terrace in June will be limited to Sandwiches $7-10, snacks $2-4. Kids menu $3-4
- On July 4, 2017, we return to our regular food service including our buffet, which features a changing menu of themed dishes using fresh, locally grown produce for $30 per person.
- Assorted beverages—beer ($6), wine ($8), and seasonal cocktails ($10)—are also available from the cash bars on the lower and upper terraces.
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed in the sculpture garden.
- Tables are limited and reservations are recommended. Consider making a group reservation for an office outing or a fun night with friends. Call 312.397.4034.