Tuesdays on the Terrace at the MCA.
Attend a free live jazz concert every Tuesday on the Terrace at the MCA.
When: Every Tuesday June -August 31, 2021 5:30PM-8:00PM
Where: Museum of Contemporary Art, 220 East Chicago Avenue, 312-280-2660.
In case of rain, the event takes place inside the MCA Café. Free Tuesdays at the MCA In the event of inclement weather, the event will be canceled. Announcements will be made by 2pm each week.
Advance tickets for Tuesdays on the Terrace have been claimed. Walk-up tickets are available at the back gate one hour before the program on a first-come, first-served basis. See the MCA’s waiting list policy for more details.
Join Tuesdays on the Terrace, featuring free, live jazz concerts on the MCA’s terrace. The weekly event features an array of Chicago’s quintessential jazz musicians and is hosted by Al Carter-Bey, from WDCB 90.9 FM, with Richton Guy Thomas, from WHPK 88.5 FM.
June 1: Alexis Lombre’s Ancestral Awakenings
June 8: Thaddeus Tukes and the Chicago Freedom Ensemble
June 15: Victor Garcia Quartet
June 22: Chuck Webb’s Guru Tonic
June 29: Edwin Sanchez and Papo Santiago co-organized with the Segundo Ruiz Belvis Cultural Center
July 6: Twin Talk (Katie Ernst, Dustin Laurenzi, and Andrew Green)
July 13: Junius Paul / Tomeka Reid Duo
July 20: The Fred Anderson Legacy Band featuring Tatsu Aoki
July 27: Ethan Philion Quartet
August 3: Sharel Cassity
August 10: Greg Artry Quartet
August 17: Maggie Brown
August 24: Mwata Bowden’s One Foot In, One Foot Out
August 31: Alexander McLean Project
- Bring a blanket or rent an MCA lawn chair ($5 each) to relax on the garden lawn.
- Dining options on Tuesdays include seasonal offerings on the upper terrace and more casual offerings in the garden.
- Both locations include a full bar with cold beverages, wine, and cocktails.
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed at this event.
- Tables are available on the upper terrace on a first-come basis and there is no table service.
- You can reserve a table at the MCA’s restaurant, Marisol, on the first floor however, music will not be audible from this location.