Volunteer with The Saints for Free theater tickets.
The Saints is a volunteer organization for the performing arts. There are presently 2000+ members serving over a hundred Chicago and suburban theater, dance and music organizations.
The Saints members provide help to these groups for a variety of activities including ushering and in return are allowed to attend performances at no charge. Members choose the venues and performances where they want to volunteer, as often as they like. When you volunteer with The Saints for free theater tickets you can generally watch every show you usher at.
Volunteer with The Saints for free theater tickets
The ushering is collecting tickets or handing out programs and then helping during intermission and at the end of the show. You aren’t required to volunteer to see any certain amount of shows. You can just volunteer for whatever shows you want to see.
Membership year: Begins on June 1 and ends on May 31. The current 2019/2020 Membership Year ends on May 31, 2020. The 2020/2021 Membership Year will start on June 1, 2020 and end on May 31, 2021.
Dues: Effective April 1, 2019, full year dues for new members are $100 for the current 2019/2020 Membership Year. Dues are not prorated for a partial year. Members must renew annually by the end of the Membership Year (May 31) to maintain their membership regardless of the month originally joined. [See below for special rates for age 35 and younger.]
Example: Joining in February through mid-March of 2020 costs $100 for new members. Renewing on or before May 31, 2020, for the 2020/2021 Membership Year will cost $80 (reduced renewal rate currently in place). Note that Dues may change annually. [See below for special rates for age 35 and younger.]
Early joining period: New members can join for the 2020/2021 Membership Year as early as mid-March of 2020, for $100 [$45 for age 35 or younger only] and get approximately two and a half “free” months. Orientation dates will be posted approximately mid-February. See “Schedule Orientation” button below.
How to join (Start by attending an orientation):
- Select the Orientation that you wish to attend.
- Click the button labeled “Register Now”.
- You will be asked to supply contact information, including your individual email address and to “sign” our Membership Agreement.
- Don’t forget to click the “Complete Registration” button at the bottom.
- NOTES: Complete registration generates an Email Confirmation. IF you do not receive that Email, you are not registered and may not be admitted to the Orientation.
- Each person must complete a separate registration.
- Registration closes when the Event is full. Unregistered walk-ins may not be admitted to the Orientation.
- At the Orientation you will learn more about The Saints.
- There is no obligation to join.
- People who decide to join are expected to pay their Dues.
- Your Saints badge will be issued when Dues are paid.
- Each prospective member must register for and attend a New Member Orientation.
- Joint memberships are not allowed.
- Each member is required to have her/his own individual email address. Shared email addresses are not allowed. You must have access to a computer and be able to use an Internet browser.
- The full year dues for new members aged 35 or younger is $45. Proof of age is required annually. Renewals are also $45. Note that this rate may change annually.
- The minimum age for joining the Saints is eighteen.
- New members can join for the 2020/2021 Membership Year as early as mid-March of 2020, for $100 [$45 for age 35 or younger only] and get two and a half “free” months.
- You may renew and pay annual dues by credit card or check.