Walgreens new loyalty program myWalgreens.
Walgreens has ended their Balance Rewards program and introduced a new loyalty program — myWalgreens. Existing Balance Rewards members need to join the new program by January 31, 2021 to keep any existing rewards. If you don’t sign up by then your account will be closed and any existing points will be lost.
I logged into my Balance Rewards account then clicked on “Join myWalgreens” in the top right corner and it automatically signed my up. Your login info doesn’t change. All my points transferred except now they show rewards in dollars and cents instead of points.
Walgreens new loyalty program myWalgreens – Benefits include:
- 1% Walgreens Cash rewards store-wide, including at the pharmacy.
- 5% cash rewards on Walgreens branded products
- Automatically unlocked sales prices, personalized deals (only-for-you deals), product recommendations and more when you complete your profile
- Achieve goals – Earn Walgreens Cash rewards for reaching health goals
- Give back – Donate your Walgreens Cash rewards to give back
Once you’ve earned $1 or more in Walgreens Cash, it can be applied on your next purchase in-store or online.
Sign up for notifications for additional deals
Got to “Menu” then “Weekly Ads and Coupons” to sign up for Exclusive offers, Walgreens Cash rewards monthly statement and Extra Weekly Deals such as the latest in-store deals, online exclusives, and other great offers.
It’s not clear when the program actually goes into effect. I made two purchases at Walgreens on November 11 and earned regular Balance Rewards. There’s no info on Beauty Enthusiast.
If you’re a Balance Rewards member go ahead and convert your account. It’s hard to say whether this is a devaluation from the old program. It depends on what you buy and what the personalized offers will look like. If you take advantage of Senior Days that was always the best deal. No word if those will continue.