Bike Commuter Challenge, June 14-28, 2019
Get your co-workers together and get riding!
This year Bike Week is a two week-long celebration of cycling. Check out free events and collect free swag.
2019 Bike to Work Challenge Pit Stops and Events
Meet the folks behind the Active Transportation Alliance and B2WC! Grab a cup of Dark Matter Coffee, Clif Bars, and cool sponsor gear. Not a morning person? Meet up with fellow riders and grab a beer after work at one of our Bike Away events.
Join or renew your Active Trans membership and participate in daily challenges to be entered to win even more sponsor prizes. Can you believe how many prizes we have?!
Friday, June,14: Keating Law Offices (825 N Milwaukee Ave) – 5:00pm – 7:00pm – HOT SWAG LOCATION!
Tuesday, June 18: The Field Museum (Lakeftont Trail) – 7:00am – 9:00am
Wednesday, June 19: REI (905 W Eastman St) – 5:00pm – 7:00pm – HOT SWAG LOCATION!
Thursday, Jun 20: Timbuk 2 (1623 N Damen Ave) – 5:00pm – 7:00pm – HOT SWAG LOCATION!
Friday, June 21: Chicago Bike Week Rally (Daley Plaza) – 7:00am – 9:00am – HOT SWAG LOCATION!
Tuesday, June 25: Polish Triangle (Ashland, Milwaukee & Division) – 7:00am – 9:00am
Wednesday, June 26: The 606 (Milwaukee & Leavitt) – 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Thursday, June 27: Theater on the Lake (2401 N Lake Shore Dr) 4:30pm – 7:30pm – HOT SWAG LOCATION!
Sunday, June 16: North Park Community Market – North River Commission
Saturday, June 22: Horner Park Farmers Market – North River Commission
- 9:00am – 1:00pm
- 2741 W Montrose Ave
- The market is held in the northwest corner of the park, the area bounded by Montrose Avenue (N) and California Avenue (W), in front of the Field House.
Saturday, June 22: Spin 4 Peace Community Bike Ride – Garfield Park Community Council
- 12:00pm – 4:00pm
- Ride will begin and end at Tilton Park, 230 N. Kolmar Ave in West Garfield Park
- Partnering with Working Bikes, Chicago Park District, Vision Zero Chicago, Divvy
Saturday, June 22: South Shore Neighborhood Bike Ride – South Shore Windsor Park Bicycle Cooperative
- Time TBD
- 2619 E 76th St
- The ride will stop at the South Shore Nature Sanctuary, Rainbow Beach, and the now defunct South Chicago Velodrome
TBD: 4th Annual Legacy Community Bike Ride – We Keep You Rollin’ Health and Wellness Group
- 9:00am – 2:00pm
- 13134 S Vernon Ave
TBD: Divvy Workshop – West Town Bikes
- Time TBD
- 2459 W Division St
- This mini grant will help launch the Divvy Youth Street Team in partnership with LUCHA (Latin United Community Housing Association) will host a workshop about how to use Divvy and the Divvy 4 Everyone program to folks on the West and South sides
TBD: Bike Commuter Safety Training – Boys and Girls Club of Chicago
- Time TBD
- 2915 N Leavitt St
- A bike commuter safety training aimed toward youth 12 years and older in the 1st ward. The training will teach youth proper bike street commuting practices. The training will conclude with a small bike ride along the Chicago River, stopping at future sites for the proposed Chicago River Trail, focusing at the Lathrop Homes development, Clark Park, Horner Park and Lincoln Yards.