2021 Chicago Magnificent Mile Lights Festival
This event is usually attended by over half a million people lining Michigan Avenue three, four or more deep. If you want to see something it is strongly advised that you arrive very early. People start lining up before noon on Saturday.
Friday, November 19,2021 4PM-7PM
The Wrigley Building Centennial Plaza for a holiday tree lighting ceremony to kick-off the festive weekend.
Saturday, November 20, 2021 11AM
The event-filled day begins at 11:00 a.m. starting at Lights Festival Lane (401 North Michigan Avenue) with a festive of booths and family activities, including photos with Santa Claus.
Saturday, November 20, 2021 5:30PM
Free, family fun culminates in the grand Tree-Lighting Parade down North Michigan Avenue with Grand Marshals Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. The parade includes floats, giant helium balloons, marching bands, celebrities, musical performances, Santa Claus, and more including illuminating the more than 200 trees along The Magnificent Mile. Fireworks over the Chicago River at the DuSable Bridge at 7:00 p.m.
Prepare for the parade
MAIN STREET CLOSURES: Closed 3:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, November 20
● Oak Street (State Street to Michigan Avenue)
● North Michigan Avenue (Oak Street to Wacker Drive)
● Upper Wacker Drive (Michigan Avenue to east turnaround)
Closed 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, November 20
● Upper Columbus (Wacker Drive to Randolph)
ADDITIONAL STREET CLOSURES: Closed 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Saturday, November 20
● Clark Street (East curb lane only Oak Street to Delaware Street)
● Delaware Street (Dearborn Street to Clark Street north curb lane only)
● Oak Street (Clark Street to State Street)
● Dearborn Street (Delaware Street to Maple Street)
● Walton Street (State Street to Clark Street)
Closed 3:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. on Saturday, November 20
● Upper Columbus (Curb lanes from Wacker Drive to Randolph Street)
● Randolph Street (Curb lanes from Michigan to Columbus)
Watch on ABC 7 Chicago 6:00 PMTune in live on ABC 7 Chicago. Watch encore presentations The BMO Magnificent Mile Lights Festival airs on ABC 7 Chicago at 6 p.m. on Sunday, November 21, with two additional broadcasts on Saturday, December 11 at 6 p.m. and on Saturday, December 25 at 12 p.m.